Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr/Froch being looked at for October 25th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearn says Froch definitely isn't fighting until November, I think he said late November, possibly December.

Froch apparently wants to take the Summer off and do Television shows for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Good fight for the fans....but it probably tanks.

Bob gets some free space with Chinese PPV with Pac...but he'll be hurting with those 3 in a row
      Tanks in what sense? I don't think this fight tanks at all. The place will definitely sell out. Those Mexicans turn out and so do Europeans, even if they have to travel. Then Im not sure how the TV rights work with fighters from overseas but remember Froch did 900k on UK PPV in the Groves rematch. While doing good numbers here too on regular HBO.

All in all, I think this is capable of outdoing Martinez vs Chavez. Which wasnt a tank and went head to head with Canelo.

Comment

I'd LOVE to see this fight!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. How is arum gonna complain about too many ppv. Then put on like 6 of his own

Comment

This one will bomb on PPV. As it should. No one in America knows Carl Froch. Chavez Jr. can only live off daddy's name for so long. Less than 150k.

Comment

Good matchup, assuming of course if Chavez can make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Tanks in what sense? I don't think this fight tanks at all. The place will definitely sell out. Those Mexicans turn out and so do Europeans, even if they have to travel. Then Im not sure how the TV rights work with fighters from overseas but remember Froch did 900k on UK PPV in the Groves rematch. While doing good numbers here too on regular HBO.

All in all, I think this is capable of outdoing Martinez vs Chavez. Which wasnt a tank and went head to head with Canelo.
                On the American PPV market I guess. There are 2 more PPV's before this supposed one, and Weebler said Froch might not even be ready then.

This is also the beginning of their year end PPV shows with Pac and Cotto and right after Mayweather. Some people might stave off Mayweather for the later shows, but Bob is crazy for making some people have to pick one or two between the three....

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Hearn says Froch definitely isn't fighting until November, I think he said late November, possibly December.

Froch apparently wants to take the Summer off and do Television shows for now.
                Guess it won't happen this year then. Bob won't put 2 PPV's in the same month, not enough money in regular HBO and Bob don't do the whole stacked name undercard thing

Comment

I think Froch should take the October date. It's enough time and it's the fight of his dreams, it's worth taking it in that time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Guess it won't happen this year then. Bob won't put 2 PPV's in the same month, not enough money in regular HBO and Bob don't do the whole stacked name undercard thing
                    Probably not, unless December. Not sure Hearn cares that much, possibly more money for him in Degale-Froch or Froch-Kessler III.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 06-25-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

froch will do what martinez couldn't and stop chavez jr.

froch TKOs chavez jr in the 4th and solidfies himself as one of the greatest boxers of all time.

if froch TKOs chavez jr he should most definitely be FOTY. i don't care what anyone says.

Comment

Working...
                      X