No announcement yet.

R.I.P Jeff Hanneman of Slayer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] R.I.P Jeff Hanneman of Slayer

The guitarist in Slayer has died of liver failure today aged 49, the thrash metal band announced today.

A statement on the band's Facebook page said: "Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11am this morning near his Southern California home. He was 49.

Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed. Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)."

Absolutely gutted. One of my biggest inspirations and one of the main reasons why I love the music I love. RIP to a genuine legend, a huge miss to the music world.

no f0cking way

this is sad...RIP

Comment

I saw this article right before I logged on. Such a sad day. Rest in Peace, Jeff. Metal music would not have been the same without you.

Comment

I was never the biggest fan of Slayer but I do appreciate what they represent. And 49, that's fucking young man.

Enjoy.

Comment

Comment

Daym for real?

thats sad as ****, always liked slayer, didn't notice how young jeff still was

its a shame

Comment

My favorite song that Jeff wrote

Comment

awful news i am truly sad.

Comment

Oh man, that sucks. He did always seem drunk though.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
                    My favorite song that Jeff wrote

Yeah, it's a good song. I think it's about AIDS, which was still relatively new at the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X