Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters that smoked or drank or did drugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavez Sr. Tony Baltazar, Tony Ayala, Jeff Chandler, Eusebio Pedroza, Pinklan Thomas, Carbahal, all COKE HEADS!!! Fact

Comment

JCC Sr.

He used to drink right before the ring walk in his fights, I remember they interviewed one of his corner guys on Televisa a few years back. He said JJC would try to get drunk as quick as he could right before his fights. Also in one of his docs they mention his drinking as well.

Comment

Lionel Rose smoked cigrrettes like a chimney, before, during and after being world champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
          Johnny Bredahl was a heavy smoker.
          Partly right. He was (and is) a heavy marijuana smoker. A habit that he normally stopped while doing his training camps. One time he forgot and got caught. He wrote at lenght about his substance abuse in his excellent autobiography.

Topic: I'd like to add that back in the old days it was common for the cornermen to give whiskey to the fighter after a particularly tough round. Pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
            Scott Harrison: Alcoholic. Drug Taker.
            same thing mate. some active fighters who do/did drugs are..

pavlik (alcohol)
            ouma (alcohol & cannabis)
            jermain taylor (alcohol)
            cotto (alcohol) im not sure about this but i heard lots of rumours

tarver (crack) stopped when he became a fighter obviously but such a heavy drug is worth mentioning regardless

andre ward (alcohol) in his teens he drank alot, doesnt do drugs anymore though

there are more out there, cant remember at the moment.
            Last edited by #1Assassin; 12-02-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
              JCC Sr.

He used to drink right before the ring walk in his fights, I remember they interviewed one of his corner guys on Televisa a few years back. He said JJC would try to get drunk as quick as he could right before his fights. Also in one of his docs they mention his drinking as well.
              Yeah ODLH said he would down a few shots before doing the ring walk

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Partly right. He was (and is) a heavy marijuana smoker. A habit that he normally stopped while doing his training camps. One time he forgot and got caught. He wrote at lenght about his substance abuse in his excellent autobiography.

Topic: I'd like to add that back in the old days it was common for the cornermen to give whiskey to the fighter after a particularly tough round. Pretty funny.

I remember a Boxing monthly interview with Bredahl several years ago. I'm sure that ciggies were very much a vice even when training. I think he even was smoking during the interview, I don't doubt the interviewer would have noticed if waccy baccy was the herb of choice.......

Comment

Opponents would complain about Ruben Olivares's breath smelling like alcohol during the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Maybe that's what was in Panama Lewis' bottle...

Comment

carlos monzon used to light up while doing his roadwork if i remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                      X