No announcement yet.

Kessler gave Calzaghe his hardest fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler gave Calzaghe his hardest fight

Who disagrees? Both officially and in reality, Kessler came closest to beating Calz. The stupid hag who scored the fight for Hopkins was obviously biased. Kessler landed far more hard punches on Joe than Bhop did.

Id say Hopkins gave him his most difficult night,due too how cagey he was being and with all the holding,faking low blows etc,but Kessler certainly hit him with bigger shots,some of those uppercuts were lethal!

Comment

while i thought the kessler fight was further apart on the cards than the hopkins fight
      and kessler was hurt by calzaghe to the body, whereas hopkins had calzaghe hurt and down

i would agree that overall, it had more hardship in it.

kessler was a very good fighter at his best

solid upright techincal style
      very good one two
      good jab
      solid chin. fast hands but not faster than calzaghe's

it was a really good fight. joe made some great adjustments and really turned things around.

great records coming in, too. just a lot going on in that fight.

somebody's 0 had to go i believe is the appropriate sound
      Last edited by New England; 09-07-2011, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Robin Reid....

Hopkins too

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Robin Reid....

Hopkins too
          Yeah Reid nearly beat him, and so did Hopkins and that's why i think those fights were harder. From the middle rounds on, Calzaghe basically had Kessler figured out and was basically landing at will, while the Hopkins and Reid fights were both controversial as to who the winner was.

Comment

Hard and close are not the same...

Comment

Robin Reid bounced sickening right hands off Calzaghe's head all night. It was a very close decision and for me his toughest and closest fight.

Calzaghe himself says that Chris Eubank was his toughest fight. Whilst the scoring wasn't close, Eubank finished very strong and certainly had Calzaghe hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                Robin Reid bounced sickening right hands off Calzaghe's head all night. It was a very close decision and for me his toughest and closest fight.

Calzaghe himself says that Chris Eubank was his toughest fight. Whilst the scoring wasn't close, Eubank finished very strong and certainly had Calzaghe hurt.
                BOLLOCKS! Joe dominated Chris all the way thru. He only said that out of respect for Chris, get real!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                  BOLLOCKS! Joe dominated Chris all the way thru. He only said that out of respect for Chris, get real!
                  Im not sure about that,Eubank was a tough old veteran and Calzaghe said he came in light for the fight and felt weak as a result,and also said he felt the worst physically after that scrap,i dont think he would make it up

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post

A very polite response there mate!

Calzaghe said the Eubank fight was his toughest, he said that in his biography and also echoed that in the recent documentary on 'Days of our lives' on Sky. Like it or not Chris did win several rounds (on all three judges cards!!!) and did appear to hurt Joe in the final round.

Joe's face was pretty bruised afterwards from memory too.....

Comment

Working...
                    X