Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have to commend Arthur Abraham for fighting with a broken jaw.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to commend Arthur Abraham for fighting with a broken jaw.

In times like these where you have Alexander quitting because of a couple headbutts, Rafael qutting for a shoulder injury, Ortiz quitting... for no reason, and look back on Abraham fighting Miranda with his jaw damn near hanging off his mouth, that takes true heart. Most boxers would have said screw it and gave it away, and even though the whole fight was a fluke that still was a show of courage from Abraham.

Even though he went on to be dominated by Dirrell and Froch.

He's definatly a tough guy and I'm a fan.

Comment

Agreed.. when i'm training and something small is bothering me, I always say to myself, if Abraham can fight with a broken jaw then this is nothing.

True inspiration.

Comment

AA gave up winning against froch. he was beaten mentally.

Comment

Thats a tough SOB. Definitely an over achiever for his skill set. Compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            What makes you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
              What makes you say that?
              he didn't even try to win anymore.

Comment

Yeah, I commend Abraham for fighting on, even though initially it looked like he was trying to find a way out the fight. And really, Miranda was robbed of a victory. But King Arthur is a tough guy no doubt.

Comment

In times like these where you have Alexander quitting because of a couple headbutts, Rafael qutting for a shoulder injury, Ortiz quitting... for no reason, and look back on Abraham fighting Miranda with his jaw damn near hanging off his mouth, that takes true heart. Most boxers would have said screw it and gave it away, and even though the whole fight was a fluke that still was a show of courage from Abraham.

actually if you watch the fight he pretty much did quit when the DR tried to call the fight and then his trainer and promoter stepped in and somehow pushed him back into it. He's a brave guy but that could have ended his career, pretty stupid on his trainers part.

Comment

ppl dont want to give fighters credit. they want to call them cowards and sissies. i think its like gay ppl calling other ppl gay in an attempt to deal with their own insecurities. for the soft boxing fans to give someone credit for being brave is like admitting their own failure in the manhood department, instead they jump at the chance to accuse fighters of being soft so they can feel better about themselfs.

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X