Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Sergio Martinez-Manny Pacquiao is unfair,' says Dmitriy Pirog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't really matter what you say "thunderwolf" because your words will ring hollow.

When Cotto had to come in at 145, you people said: "whaaaaat??? its just one pound, whats the big deal"..

Yet here you are making a big ass deal about every single pound when it matters to you.

hA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
      Martinez said he'll make 154 for the fight.

Is that good enough?
      You better catch up on you reading, why would they offer Cotto a fight at 155?

Yes, they can do 154 but they would be backing down on their original statement, and Martinez would be drained. Martinez would be just fighting for money then, it wouldn`t be much of a fight.

Comment

if sergio fights andy lee instaed of pirog, id consider that a duck and a b1tch move.........
        Last edited by puga; 12-02-2010, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
          Russia's WBO middle king talks to Danny Flexen
          Boxing News

WBO middleweight champion Dmitriy Pirog has slammed WBC counterpart Sergio Martinez for considering a showdown with far smaller Filipino Manny Pacquiao and told the Argentine he should meet him in a unification clash instead.

“It’s definitely not a really fair fight,” Pirog said regarding Martinez-Pacquiao. “Manny Pacquiao fought Antonio Margarito and it was a good fight but when one guy is a lot bigger, it’s not very professional. A great fight for Martinez would be against someone in his own weight category, like me. Boxing was not created for catchweight contests, Pacquiao can’t make middleweight ever. A better fight for him would be against Juan Manuel Marquez.”

Pirog came to prominence for many in the western world when he upset touted Golden Boy prospect Danny Jacobs to win the vacant WBO crown in July. The man from Gelendzhik, who is building a gym in his hometown, highlights two key factors behind that fifth-round victory: his humble background and both the promoter and media neglecting him in the fight’s build-up.

“I grew up with working class parents,” Pirog revealed. “My dad worked in a factory like most people at that time. My upbringing was definitely a factor – I was not starving or anything but I always wanted to be better off and that made me more determined.

“The attention being on Jacobs didn’t really affect me except it made me a little angrier than normal and I wanted to prove myself. That I was also sure I have fought much better and more experienced opponents, that was a big advantage too.”

Pirog controlled the fight in July before a big right hand ended Jacobs’ chances. Dmitriy admitted he did not expect his triumph to be quite so easy although his preparation had gone superbly.

“The only thing that I was a little worried about was whether I would acclimate completely,” the 30-year-old explained. “But we planned everything as it should be; it was just another fight for me. There was no special nervousness.

“I didn’t think it would be this easy. I thought Jacobs would run a lot and that would cause me problems. He did that a little bit but he did come forward too and I got more opportunities than I’d thought. That made it a better fight for the fans.

“My finishing punch was not something special. If you look at the stats I have around the same amount of knockouts with my left as my right. That fight I happened to reach him with my right but it was not necessarily the hardest punch of my career.”

Pirog is suddenly, if not hot property, then certainly warming up. He is looking only for big fights now, although the immedfiate target is building that gym.

“Progress is good, but it’s not finished yet,” Pirog related. “I want the gym to be free to all kids, especially the kids with no ability to pay so I need investors and administrators to help with that.

“As for the ring, I want the right fights, I want to continue to fight people who have reached my level. I don’t want to take just any fights. I’m not looking at financially interesting fights, more difficult opponents; I’m ready for anyone now.”

i agree with Pirog in many respects. Asking Mayweather o rMP to fight Martinez is asking too much. However Manny and his TR cronies are at fault for manufacturinmg a JMW title @ a CW. This situation with Martinez just proves the 8th world title is a load of garbage.

Sorry folks....Manny is a 7 division tiltilist, not 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
            It doesn't really matter what you say "thunderwolf" because your words will ring hollow.

When Cotto had to come in at 145, you people said: "whaaaaat??? its just one pound, whats the big deal"..

Yet here you are making a big ass deal about every single pound when it matters to you.

hA!!!
            I wouldn`t put much weight on your brain and your posts, because you are a *****, and your dumb avatar saying `Tua is God` explains everything of what you really are, actually an e-diot.

Even your fellow-*****s would be ashamed of your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              They are still WW

Most 130 fighters weigh around 147 on fight night

Doesnt mean they will beat the best WW
              Because the best welterweights usually weigh in at 160 on fight night...

Not fighting Martinez is hypocrisy (what's new?) from Arum. He outright said Martinez would weigh in over 170 and outweigh Pacquiao by over 20 pounds despite evidence and facts, since Martinez hasn't weighed above 168for any of his fight night weights.
              Last edited by Heru; 12-02-2010, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thedarkness View Post
                martinez vs pirog, man up!
                MP is not campaigning at Middleweight, and if the Sergio Camp are not liars, they originally said Sergio cannot go below 155, therefore, not at jr. middleweight.

Then show how dumb you are to say that MP should step up and fight Vitali.
                sergio would gladly fight manny at 154. Thats mannys weightclass isnt it? hes an 8 div champ right? so why is he acting like a strait b!itch.
                Originally posted by puga View Post
                if sergio fights andy lee instaed of pirog, id consider that a duck and a b1tch move......fight someone your size sergio...
                Martinez fought pavlik williams twice and cintron, those are some big men and are considered dangerous. His last two wins are better and more relevant than anything manny has done for years. Funny how ******* hate him because he called out your god....pathetic

Comment

Russia's WBO middle king talks to Danny Flexen
                  Boxing News

WBO middleweight champion Dmitriy Pirog has slammed WBC counterpart Sergio Martinez for considering a showdown with far smaller Filipino Manny Pacquiao and told the Argentine he should meet him in a unification clash instead.

“It’s definitely not a really fair fight,” Pirog said regarding Martinez-Pacquiao. “Manny Pacquiao fought Antonio Margarito and it was a good fight but when one guy is a lot bigger, it’s not very professional. A great fight for Martinez would be against someone in his own weight category, like me. Boxing was not created for catchweight contests, Pacquiao can’t make middleweight ever. A better fight for him would be against Juan Manuel Marquez.”

Pirog came to prominence for many in the western world when he upset touted Golden Boy prospect Danny Jacobs to win the vacant WBO crown in July. The man from Gelendzhik, who is building a gym in his hometown, highlights two key factors behind that fifth-round victory: his humble background and both the promoter and media neglecting him in the fight’s build-up.

“I grew up with working class parents,” Pirog revealed. “My dad worked in a factory like most people at that time. My upbringing was definitely a factor – I was not starving or anything but I always wanted to be better off and that made me more determined.

“The attention being on Jacobs didn’t really affect me except it made me a little angrier than normal and I wanted to prove myself. That I was also sure I have fought much better and more experienced opponents, that was a big advantage too.”

Pirog controlled the fight in July before a big right hand ended Jacobs’ chances. Dmitriy admitted he did not expect his triumph to be quite so easy although his preparation had gone superbly.

“The only thing that I was a little worried about was whether I would acclimate completely,” the 30-year-old explained. “But we planned everything as it should be; it was just another fight for me. There was no special nervousness.

“I didn’t think it would be this easy. I thought Jacobs would run a lot and that would cause me problems. He did that a little bit but he did come forward too and I got more opportunities than I’d thought. That made it a better fight for the fans.

“My finishing punch was not something special. If you look at the stats I have around the same amount of knockouts with my left as my right. That fight I happened to reach him with my right but it was not necessarily the hardest punch of my career.”

Pirog is suddenly, if not hot property, then certainly warming up. He is looking only for big fights now, although the immedfiate target is building that gym.

“Progress is good, but it’s not finished yet,” Pirog related. “I want the gym to be free to all kids, especially the kids with no ability to pay so I need investors and administrators to help with that.

“As for the ring, I want the right fights, I want to continue to fight people who have reached my level. I don’t want to take just any fights. I’m not looking at financially interesting fights, more difficult opponents; I’m ready for anyone now.”
                  Personally, i think for Pac to fight Martinez at 154 would be a fair fight. A win against Martinez at 154 would justify his holding a 154 belt.

As for Martinez, i'm sure he would be willing to fight Pirog, but is now angling for more lucrative fights as what most fighters in his position would do. They put their lives on the ring every time they fight so its just natural for them to try to get as much as they can for every fight.

The fact that Martinez willingly faced PWill under PWill's terms (catchweight) shows the man has guts and it would be hard for me to believe he's afraid of facing anyone. In short, Martinez is simply looking for the best fight he could get money-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
                    sergio would gladly fight manny at 154. Thats mannys weightclass isnt it? hes an 8 div champ right? so why is he acting like a strait b!itch.

Martinez fought pavlik williams twice and cintron, those are some big men and are considered dangerous. His last two wins are better and more relevant than anything manny has done for years. Funny how ******* hate him because he called out your god....pathetic
                    no doubt about that .....pac's win over cotto ****s on everything sergio has done..he got a good year this year, id give you that...but sergio is the most overrated fighter right now.....

Comment

As a pacfan I'd like to see Pac-Martinez and think Pac would win.. The pathetic part is if Manny won, Sergio would automatically be labeled an overrated weight drained, past his prime, shot bum by the Pac haters the next day like the rest of Pac's opponents. Manny is in a no win situation...but this fight make sense late 2011 if Sergio continues increasing his name recognition with continued good performances and makes the risk worth the reward.

Comment

Working...
                      X