No announcement yet.

Glass jawed Con vs Maidana 10oz gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know the ring size?

Floyd-Mosley was 20x20 right? so i am guessing it will be the same for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong-il View Post
      Because it's the norm. People are so ******ed and let their hate blind them. Khan did NOT ask for 10oz, It's the norm get it? Most fights in that weightclass where 10oz gloves. Why should Khan have to wear 8oz gloves? Do you call everybody in that weightclass who wears 10oz gloves cowards or hypejobs and what not? No offcourse you don't, because you hold Khan to different standards. By your logic Khan should request 8oz gloves just because of his weak chin right? How does that even make sense?
      "democratic" republic **** outta here you're people is starving and you call yourself democratic damn communists

Comment

Originally posted by -EAGLE- View Post
        "democratic" republic **** outta here you're people is starving and you call yourself democratic damn communists
        1. It's democratic because the North Korean people want me as their leader and worships me like a god.

2. The North Korean people is not starving, infact we have so much food that pretty much all DPRK citizens are slightly chubby like me. North Korea is basicly heaven on earth, get that through your head.

Best Wishes, Kim Jong-il the Mega Elite Super Supreme leader if the DPRK.

Comment

I thought Khan wanted to show his power? Why did he choose the 10oz gloves?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            I thought Khan wanted to show his power? Why did he choose the 10oz gloves?
            He didn't choose 10oz gloves. 10oz gloves is the norm for that weightclass in Nevada.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong-il View Post
              He didn't choose 10oz gloves. 10oz gloves is the norm for that weightclass in Nevada.
              The norm is fighters have the option to choose 8oz or 10oz gloves. It's not 10oz by default.

Comment

So we are inferring now that Khan has to make a choice to put himself at a clear disadvantage that would go against what would obviously be his game plan or he is taking an easy way out?

Like that Sprag Stone said if his chin is that shit it would matter with the extra 2 oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
                  If Con had a glass jaw, then an extra 2 ounces shouldn't be a big deal.

Unless you're just scared to place the bet like a real man.
                  spoken like someone who hasn't seen the difference between 8 and 10oz gloves

it's not necessarily the weight moreso than the size

noticeably bigger more specifically wider

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    10 ounce gloves is what is required in nevada for any fights over 135.

it's been like that for years.

2 years ago they made an exception that it can be 8 only if both sides request it. (margarito-cotto , both fighters wanted 8)

so actually fighting with 10 oz. is the norm.

fighting with 8 has to be requested.
                    and to confirm what's being said

I had to send three pair of Red MX gloves in each size (8 and 10) for Maidana to wear

seems like Maidana wants 8s but Khan's team are balking

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
                      Maidana still KOed Kayo and Ortiz with those 10 ouncers right?
                      no

Ortiz was in LA and 140 is 8oz

Cayo and Maidana agreed to 8 for their Vegas fight
                      Last edited by Eaner0919; 12-02-2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X