No announcement yet.

FAo audiophiles: Lookin for opinions on installing car stereo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    Is this a D.I.Y project, reed? Hope so. There are some audio spot's that will get your info, and steal your whole ****.
    Luckily I live in Erie, Pa... not too much of a theft town.. but if they want it... go ahead, thats why I have insurance.

I may do it myself, I have all the knowledge, but usually have my shop do it.

Haven't made up my mind yet... although I finally own a house with a 2 car garage so I definitely could.

Comment

Originally posted by ŁHank$Moody€ View Post
      Not almost screwed together, screwed together.

Just like in A, only with another speaker on top of it, magnet facing outward.

Now you can't do this with a woofer that sticks out past the frame, or you'd mash then when you screwed them into the box.
      Damn I dont think Ive ever seen that done before.. and Ive been around the car stereo scene for about 11 years.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        Damn I dont think Ive ever seen that done before.. and Ive been around the car stereo scene for about 11 years.
        Probably why I can't find a picture of it online, lol.

A ME student I was in school with talked me into trying it, because I already had a one hole box and I got a good deal on the woofers.

The thing is, I was getting way more bass than another buddy of mine with the exact same woofers in a traditional box, so I'm not sure why more people don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ŁHank$Moody€ View Post
          Probably why I can't find a picture of it online, lol.

A ME student I was in school with talked me into trying it, because I already had a one hole box and I got a good deal on the woofers.

The thing is, I was getting way more bass than another buddy of mine with the exact same woofers in a traditional box, so I'm not sure why more people don't do it.
          It's definitely a unique idea.

I also had the idea of putting one 12 in the center of the packing shelf behind the back seat.. firing up off the back window.

Would look sweet, and I think it would be loud as hell.

Comment

Reed, what car do you drive?

I'm a huge audiophile, but I'm more for tone and quality as oppose to just blaring bass.

A 15 seems excessive, and most lack on the response when you get that big. They also suck up a lot of juice.

In my opinion, the biggest and baddest woofer you can get is the JL 13W7. I really wish I could fit one in my truck. But even then it is far more sound and bass than I'll ever need. I probably wouldn't do more than a 12 to be honest

In my opinion, it doesn't get much better than Boston Acoustics for overall audio.

Comment

FYI, I can't see your pics here at work. Theyre blocked for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                Reed, what car do you drive?

I'm a huge audiophile, but I'm more for tone and quality as oppose to just blaring bass.

A 15 seems excessive, and most lack on the response when you get that big. They also suck up a lot of juice.

In my opinion, the biggest and baddest woofer you can get is the JL 13W7. I really wish I could fit one in my truck. But even then it is far more sound and bass than I'll ever need. I probably wouldn't do more than a 12 to be honest

In my opinion, it doesn't get much better than Boston Acoustics for overall audio.
                A chrysler 300c.

I am also a huge Audiophile as well.

Right now I have all my highs and mids all wired seperately and on their own channel.

My 6x9's have their own dedicated amp.

My 4"s in the dash have their own dedicated channel

My tweeters in the in the dash and the doors have their own seperat channel.

And I recently had custom door pods built with 8" mid bass premier woofers in them and they have their own amp seperately tuned.

This sounds like a symphony in my car.

GREAT punchy mid bass, and crystal clear highs.

I have always been a 15" kind of guy... crossfire's have great frequency response, but overall a 12" is usually more responsive.

I am probably aiming for a 12"

Either Pioneer premier, crossfire, or planet audio as of right now.

Comment

Son of a *****... That's a lot of sound.

Do you run a second battery? If you don't already, switch to an Optima Yellow Top battery. TRUST ME. Your **** will sound so much better.

Have you ever tried Boston Acoustics? Their stuff is great.

I'd probably go with two 10's or 12's in your situation. You'll get great results.

Like I said, I'm not about loud, so I'd go with one twelve or two tens... but I think you like loud

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                    Son of a *****... That's a lot of sound.

Do you run a second battery? If you don't already, switch to an Optima Yellow Top battery. TRUST ME. Your **** will sound so much better.

Have you ever tried Boston Acoustics? Their stuff is great.

I'd probably go with two 10's or 12's in your situation. You'll get great results.

Like I said, I'm not about loud, so I'd go with one twelve or two tens... but I think you like loud
                    I have a second optima red top in the trunk.. actually my factory battery is also in the trunk as well..

I have for home theater but not for car, but I have heard them, they are top notch but damn expensive.

I DO like loud, but I like clarity just as much as you.. and I also like the look of the install, which is what I am trying to figure out now... when you get hhome check out the diagrams I layed out..

Comment

Will do... I live in Los Angeles, though. Won't be off until 6 my time then it's on to the ho's.

If I get a chance though, I'll reply tonight... Might even be drunk when I do, haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X