Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote now: Calzaghe vs. Lacy - what will the outcome be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote now: Calzaghe vs. Lacy - what will the outcome be?

Which of the above will it be?
    Calzaghe pulls out with injured back
    38.46%
    Calzaghe pulls out with injured arm
    0.00%
    Calzaghe pulls out with injured leg
    7.69%
    Calzaghe pulls out with injured hands
    23.08%
    Calzaghe pulls out with injured shoulder
    15.38%
    Calzaghe pulls out with injured ribs
    15.38%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Anorak
    he has a history of pulling out of fights, but i think he'll be up for a fight like this, he may have just been unmotivated fighting meaningless opponents over the years

Comment

In 2001 he was scheduled to fight Joppy for the Vacant WBA Middleweight title. He pulled out, and his excuse was: He was on Vacation with his wife. Yeah right. I am 100% positive he would have lost that fight. He was just scared to put his unblemished record on the line against the slick fighter. Eastman ended up being the victim. That walking foward arm punching style would not cut it. He is just a scared lamb.

Remember him calling out Roy?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
      Last edited by Run; 04-08-2005, 02:28 PM.

Comment

pity you had to pick one, i would say he'll pull out with all of the above, just to make sure!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anorak
          I absolutely LOVE this post, at least somebody in the house 2day has their eyes open....Joey Calzone will definitely find a way out of this fight, he and his people know that he'll never be a world class talent, and that Lacy (although very beatable) has a better-than-average chance of KO'ing Calzone....168lbs is the worst division in the sport, so when a guy spends a career trying to stay there, it shows his interest in becoming great, & obviously Joey and his people know that he has very little talent.... kudos to the author of this post for an awesome voting chart

- SacTown1

Comment

You forget to mention - being pulled out due to wife beating.

Seriously, i think Calzaghe will KO Lacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Runw/knives
              In 2001 he was scheduled to fight Joppy for the Vacant WBA Middleweight title. He pulled out, and his excuse was: He was on Vacation with his wife. Yeah right. I am 100% positive he would have lost that fight. He was just scared to put his unblemished record on the line against the slick fighter. Eastman ended up being the victim. That walking foward arm punching style would not cut it. He is just a scared lamb.

Remember him calling out Roy?
              Calzaghe would have beat the living **** out of Joppy...if you are serious about Joppy winning then you have not seen them both fight enough times...Joe could easily be a light heavyweight...

Calzaghe would be deterred by nothing that Joppy had to offer and he is still quicker than Jopp.

Honestly you have not seen Joe fight to say that William Joppy would beat him that is ****ing ridiculous.

I know Joe has pulled out of some fights and still does not take the risk of crossing the pond to fight and I am upset with him for that but if you have seen him fight Brewer, Mitchel, Shieka etc then you would at least know that the kid when in the ring is a warrior.

I lean slightly toward Joe in this fight and pray it comes off, it is a fight of the year for sure!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by scap
                  Calzaghe would have beat the living **** out of Joppy...if you are serious about Joppy winning then you have not seen them both fight enough times...Joe could easily be a light heavyweight...

Calzaghe would be deterred by nothing that Joppy had to offer and he is still quicker than Jopp.

Honestly you have not seen Joe fight to say that William Joppy would beat him that is ****ing ridiculous.

I know Joe has pulled out of some fights and still does not take the risk of crossing the pond to fight and I am upset with him for that but if you have seen him fight Brewer, Mitchel, Shieka etc then you would at least know that the kid when in the ring is a warrior.

I lean slightly toward Joe in this fight and pray it comes off, it is a fight of the year for sure!
                  let's see, Brewer & Mitchell & Shieka, those guys weren't even in the top 10 in the UNITED STATES, let alone top 10 world contenders.... how come UK fans get off on seeing their #1 guy beat the #15 & #20 ranked US fighters?!?!?! Put the #1 US fighter in with the #15 UK fighter (can you say Hopkins-Hakkar?) and let's see what happens

Comment

Calzaghe seems only to want to fight guys he feels certain he can beat. There's is no way he'd be going to Germany to fight Veit if he hadn't already knocked him out in one round

Comment

Working...
                    X