No announcement yet.

Christians Protest Muslim Prayer At US Capitol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
    I doubt if he would have been in favor of the Iraq war, where up to 1,000,000 people, mostly innocent civilians, have suffered and died. That war benefits only those who hate both Jesus and Muhammed.

http://crescentandcross.com/?page_id=2
    Um yep. Now who hates both Christians and Muslims. Hmmmmm.

Comment

You can't judge all christians because of a small group. That would be like saying I hate all white or black people, just because of all the idiots you see on TV and Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        They sure as hell see themselves as Christians.
        They sure do!

It was prophecised that the Christian Church would be corrupted and most people in them deceived.

Comment

I think there is a popular interpretation of what Christianity should be all about, but that has changed with time.
          The gospels are up for interpretation. I dont think there is a only one way to read them.

It could be argued that these people are doing what they believe to be right according to the bible.

One one hand Christianity is about forgiveness, not being judgemenatal, and loving everyone, on the other hand Christians have to promote 'Christian values' and protest same sex marriage, abortion clinics, stem cell research, etc.

If they think Islam is turning people away from Jesus, then isnt it fair they are protesting Muslim prayers?

Im just saying its difficult to judge people on whether they are being 'truly' Christian or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Anomaly View Post
            I think there is a popular interpretation of what Christianity should be all about, but that has changed with time. The gospels are up for interpretation. I dont think there is a only one way to read them.
            The problem is that the Bible was written in Hebrew and Greek and there are some mistranslations (especially in the more modern versions of the Bible).

It could be argued that these people are doing what they believe to be right according to the bible.
            I'm sure they do.

One one hand Christianity is about forgiveness, not being judgemenatal,
            Don't agree.

and loving everyone,
            Definitely wrong. Christ hated the Jews who were persecuting him during his ministry. He didn't love them or even want to convert them.

on the other hand Christians have to promote 'Christian values' and protest same sex marriage, abortion clinics, stem cell research, etc.
            I'm pretty sure Jesus would oppose same sex marriage and abortion. Don't know about stem cells.

If they think Islam is turning people away from Jesus, then isnt it fair they are protesting Muslim prayers?

Im just saying its difficult to judge people on whether they are being 'truly' Christian or not.
            I'm pretty sure Jesus would object to Islam but not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGPIN4LIFE View Post
              I have nothing against GOD (if he/she exists) I just hate his ****ing FAN CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Cohen View Post
                The problem is that the Bible was written in Hebrew and Greek and there are some mistranslations (especially in the more modern versions of the Bible).

Definitely wrong. Christ hated the Jews who were persecuting him during his ministry. He didn't love them or even want to convert them.

I guess u got banned for the 'jesus hated jews' part.

My point is that the Christian religion is followed by many different people in quite different ways.
                Im not sure there is a absolute translation and core message, and Jesus's opinions on our modern society is unknown. Its difficult to relate such a mysterious book to modern politics and our society.
                The religion is quite separate to the man. (if he existed).

Comment

Lets not judge all Christians on a stupid minority.
                  I gotta agree, i hate when people say "look at how muslims are" or something, and then every1 starts throwing abuse just cos theres a stupid minority like that.....

Those christians r jst being idiots....the majority of them are fine and peaceful people

Also from your other 2 posts...i agree....Alot of religion comes from interpretation....so 2 people could read a holy book and do things completely different...but thats why we have the leaders of the religions to show the correct way...or best way they think it should be followed

Comment

Lets not judge all Christians on a stupid minority.
                    and let us not judge all muslims on a stupid minority

Comment

Originally posted by SkilledB View Post
                      and let us not judge all muslims on a stupid minority
                      & I say judge all of them for being simple minded idiots.

Comment

Working...
                      X