No announcement yet.

Race Opinions on this Board

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Opinions on this Board

I'm not saying race relations in this country are horrible like they used to be, but the people on this board crack me up. Have you all ever lived in mostly Black neighborhoods before? Probably not. The schools are the ****tiest in the country. There are almost technical no jobs available so skilled workers move out, which in turn makes the few businesses that were there have to move out or close down all together.

There's almost no investment in these neighborhoods. That's why a lot of them are so depressed. But America gets so surprised that a person, like Floyd Mayweather Jr, would come from one of these neighborhoods and be angry. It's ******ed. You think just because Obama is President that all of this changed and all Black people will forget the neighborhoods that they came up in?

Keep in mind, I'm not saying things aren't improving, but I am saying that it's easy to come from middle class neighborhoods where opportunities are readily available and then wag your finger at the way someone who comes from socio-economic disenfranchisement acts. It's easy to criticize something you haven't experienced.

Or do you think all poor Black people in America deserve those circumstances?

Where did you come from???

Comment

All Mayweathers are ******s.

Comment

everybody is poor, not just black people. latinos, trailer park white people, etc... they are all poor.

Comment

Hard work..
          And to be honestly most ppl shy away from this..
          Work harder esp if your at a disadvantage..
          Many people esp black people feel that **** is owed to them.. **** isnt owed to anyone..
          earn that ****..
          I went to school alot of black kids, some lived in ****ty ass areas.. some of them wanted to be sucessful to get out of them, and others sold drugs and flashed cash..
          its the way it is.. hard work man..

Comment

Originally posted by BBoy MeYHeM View Post
            Hard work..
            And to be honestly most ppl shy away from this..
            Work harder esp if your at a disadvantage..
            Many people esp black people feel that **** is owed to them.. **** isnt owed to anyone..
            earn that ****..
            I went to school alot of black kids, some lived in ****ty ass areas.. some of them wanted to be sucessful to get out of them, and others sold drugs and flashed cash..
            its the way it is.. hard work man..
            What do black people feel is owed to them? I think that stereotype is bs. There is quite a few stuff that is givin to black people but i barely see black people asking for stuff. People just say black people ask for things because blacks are givin extra programs for help and are on welfare. So people think blacks want that stuff and demand it. I never see any black people asking for help and when they are they are doing it jokingly.
            Last edited by Dr.Dre; 09-18-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I think you potentially started another bait thread for attention and points.

Comment

What does this have to do with boxing? These stupid race baiting threads do nothing but rubbish the forum.

Comment

Good thread just not here bro
                  take it to the thunderdome or some other forum

Comment

Originally posted by javelin_fangs View Post
                    I'm not saying race relations in this country are horrible like they used to be, but the people on this board crack me up. Have you all ever lived in mostly Black neighborhoods before? Probably not. The schools are the ****tiest in the country. There are almost technical no jobs available so skilled workers move out, which in turn makes the few businesses that were there have to move out or close down all together.

There's almost no investment in these neighborhoods. That's why a lot of them are so depressed. But America gets so surprised that a person, like Floyd Mayweather Jr, would come from one of these neighborhoods and be angry. It's ******ed. You think just because Obama is President that all of this changed and all Black people will forget the neighborhoods that they came up in?

Keep in mind, I'm not saying things aren't improving, but I am saying that it's easy to come from middle class neighborhoods where opportunities are readily available and then wag your finger at the way someone who comes from socio-economic disenfranchisement acts. It's easy to criticize something you haven't experienced.

Or do you think all poor Black people in America deserve those circumstances?
                    exactly.....nice this whole Obama fad is just a clever marketing ploy anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X