No announcement yet.

If Boxing Was Like The Old Days??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
    How would you know, you werent around during those days. Nobody really ducks anyone, its about money, pay them enough and anybody will fight anybody.
    Yea right, sometimes these boxers would rather go for an easier payday than a more hard earning fight that would pay more or about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      I'm sure it happened, just because you didn't hear about it doesn't mean it didn't happen more than you may think. We hear about fighters ducking other fighters so often because we now have the media outlets with which to be informed of said ducking.

I'm pretty sure but its kinda hard to tell when the best in their generation fought each other most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
        Did you ever hear people ducking someone as much in the old days compared to today?
        I dont know. But I think there was some ducking back then, but not as ridiculous as now.

But every era have his ****. i mean, in the 50s we had the Mafia BS corruption.

i bet some fights got fixed and some judges got payed of and ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Chicano, its about the money

Comment

I'm pretty sure but its kinda hard to tell when the best in their generation fought each other most of the time.
            Perhaps there were better fighters that are largely unheard of today because they never got their shot due to being ducked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              I think besides the Money BS our generation is OK.
              To many weight classes, titles and day before weigh ins have brought the sport down a rung. Eliminate these things and competition becomes much tougher, in turn giving the fans better fights.

Comment

Yea right, sometimes these boxers would rather go for an easier payday than a more hard earning fight that would pay more or about the same.
                They do whats best for them, whether its keeping a belt to stay relevant or dont take a fight because they want more money. Ducking implies someone is afraid of another, thats not the case. Id get in the ring with a prime Tyson if you paid me enough, surely a professional fighter would also.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                  They do whats best for them, whether its keeping a belt to stay relevant or dont take a fight because they want more money. Ducking implies someone is afraid of another, thats not the case. Id get in the ring with a prime Tyson if you paid me enough, surely a professional fighter would also.
                  Ducking to me implies not making a makable fight for one reason or another. Being afraid has nothing to do with it, its being either thickheaded, greedy or any number of other things.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Ducking to me implies not making a makable fight for one reason or another. Being afraid has nothing to do with it, its being either thickheaded, greedy or any number of other things.
                    Thats true in MOST cases, but ask any Floyd detractor on here why he hasnt fought the likes of Margarito, Mosley, or Cotto and you will hear the term scared quite frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      To many weight classes, titles and day before weigh ins have brought the sport down a rung. Eliminate these things and competition becomes much tougher, in turn giving the fans better fights.
                      Na the Weight classes nor the Weight in a day before is not aproble

Now the belt, thats really horse ****.

I mean the WBA aline have 3 Champs per division!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X