No announcement yet.

Boxers of the 90's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxers of the 90's

Since 1999 is ten years ago already, the 90's is starting to turn into that nostalgic generation...just like the 80's.

Of course Tyson is on everyone's mind in the 90's. Lennox Lewis wore the heavyweight crown, everyone was fooled by Aruturo Gatti and the "dot commers" took over the 90's generation.

Was there anything memorable in 90's boxing that stands out? Aside from the "Fan Man" and the ear biting incident.

IMO, the biggest accomplishment in 90's boxing was Foreman getting the belt at age 41. That was a monumental moment in boxing history.

DLH Trinidad
    Meldrick Taylor-JCC

The rise of DLH, Roy Jones, Trinidad... Riddick Bowe...

The end of sugar ray leonard, sweet pea getting robbed.

the 90's were a blur for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
      Since 1999 is ten years ago already, the 90's is starting to turn into that nostalgic generation...just like the 80's.

Of course Tyson is on everyone's mind in the 90's. Lennox Lewis wore the heavyweight crown, everyone was fooled by Aruturo Gatti and the "dot commers" took over the 90's generation.

Was there anything memorable in 90's boxing that stands out? Aside from the "Fan Man" and the ear biting incident.

IMO, the biggest accomplishment in 90's boxing was Foreman getting the belt at age 41. That was a monumental moment in boxing history.
      The Bowe/Holyfield trilogy
      THe emergence of ODH
      The Decline of Chavez Sr.
      The mastery of Whitaker

Comment

The Tyson comeback from prison was huge for the 4 fight win streak it lasted. Holy upsettin him in 96 was huge too. DLH becomin a WW and takin on just about everybody was big. I'll always remember Griffin stealin Roy's 0 in a bull**** DQ, then gettin murdered in the rematch. Mosley was a beast at 135 back then too.

Comment

I really like the Tyson era. Even though it spands through the late 80's and early 90's...but then his ring antics took him through the new millenium.

My friend nick is an idiot who like VW's and is clownin on me beacuse i'm not on VWvortex...so this is for all the people who have VW's and go on VW forums....

By words of my friend Nick Daddy...."i got bags"

Comment

Working...
          X