Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Mitchell - Is he the next British Super Hype job???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    ... it's also kinda funny how all UK boxers are "hype jobs" on here, even when people say **** all about them.

The second Mitchell loses a fight you'll get 10,000 threads titled "All freakin' BRIT'S sed dat Mitchel wud beet a prime tyson, lamo, pwn!"
    It's come to the point when any Brit fighter becomes known to Americans, he's hyped.

No, the fact is. If he has become known to you all the way over there in the land of twinky - he's probably quite good.

Comment

Mitchell won't set the world alright but he'll be hard to beat. He's tough as nails.

He'd beat Roman Martinez IMO. He's no Nicky Cook.

Comment

he's not a hype job he's the best boxer on the planet, or any planet for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
          Mitchell won't set the world alright but he'll be hard to beat. He's tough as nails.

He'd beat Roman Martinez IMO. He's no Nicky Cook.
          I feel bad for Nicky Cook.

I think he's pretty good too. He's just chinny.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
            It's come to the point when any Brit fighter becomes known to Americans, he's hyped.

No, the fact is. If he has become known to you all the way over there in the land of twinky - he's probably quite good.

Did here the way Darky & Watt were creaming over Mitchell's performance?

I mean it was a decent performance but to hear them we had just seen Barkley vs Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post

I mean it was a decent performance but to hear them we had just seen Barkley vs Toney.
              I think it must be more impressive ringside seeing the size differential.

But Prescott is unremarkable - a lot of the time Mitchell was just as much as spectator as us as Prescott was swinging for the cheap seat. He had a golden 54 seconds.

Mitchell just made him look like what he was. I thought Mitchell could have had a crack at trying to take him out, lol. Would have been hilarious - but stupid obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post

Fuck them two!

Comment

That's the stupid thing, he's been boxing for over six years and I've seen him for over three. But to a lot of Yanks the world of boxing only operates around their knowledge of it.

It's like that age old philosphical question... if a tree fell, but didn't fall in America, did anyone hear it?

Comment

I think it must more impressive ringside seeing the size differential.

But Prescott is unremarkable. He had a golden 54 seconds.

Mitchell just made him look like what he was. I thought Mitchell should have had a crack at trying to take him out, lol. Would have been hilarious - but stupid obviously.
                    There was a noticeable size difference, thats true.

Miguel Vasquez beat Prescott before that Mitchell fight, and i watched that fight and saw Prescott for what he really was. I expected Mitchell to beat him comfortably tbh.

There were still times where Mitchell stepped inside and got nailed himself, but because he was being aggressive in spurts and the because the crowd was going wild everytime he threw a punch, they seemed to overlook this.

I think i had Mitchell by 2/3 round if i remember right. Prescott actually did better when he stopped looking for the one shot and tried to Box Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                      Fuck them two!
                      Chelsea are going to 10 inch Portsmouth. No lube. Up the arse.

Comment

Working...
                      X