• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buboy: "Soften up his belly before we devour him"

By Emmanuel Rivera, RRT
    PhilBoxing.com
    Tue, 10 Nov 2009

Hollywood, California -- Pacman trainer and aspiring comedian Restituto "Buboy" Fernandez serves WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto this piece of culinary advice, "Parang napakainit na sabaw sa kanin para kay Cotto. Palalambutin muna bago natin siya lamunin."

"It's boiling hot soup over rice for Cotto. Soften up his belly before we devour him."

His prophecy initially confused me. The 50-inch waistline led me to believe Mr. Fernandez was just hungry when we spoke during media day at the Wildcard Gym Hollywood last Wednesday.

24/7 fan Joe Baptista observed, "Buboy's metaphor (or simile) gravitates towards food. I once saw him on HBO win $200 for eating a whole turkey."

One episode featured Buboy grocery shopping for Team Pacquiao with the bill topping $500.

The storyline may have led many to believe, "When Manny wins....everyone gets to eat."

Pacquiao is sure to dig into the breadbasket and mitigate Miguel's power with sharpshooting jabs and hooks to the body.

The goal is to take Cotto to the mid rounds and then go for the kill.

When asked what's for dessert a smiling Buboy replied with a wink, "KNOCKOUT, I hope."

http://boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324067

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
      By Emmanuel Rivera, RRT
      PhilBoxing.com
      Tue, 10 Nov 2009

Hollywood, California -- Pacman trainer and aspiring comedian Restituto "Buboy" Fernandez serves WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto this piece of culinary advice, "Parang napakainit na sabaw sa kanin para kay Cotto. Palalambutin muna bago natin siya lamunin."

"It's boiling hot soup over rice for Cotto. Soften up his belly before we devour him."

His prophecy initially confused me. The 50-inch waistline led me to believe Mr. Fernandez was just hungry when we spoke during media day at the Wildcard Gym Hollywood last Wednesday.

24/7 fan Joe Baptista observed, "Buboy's metaphor (or simile) gravitates towards food. I once saw him on HBO win $200 for eating a whole turkey."

One episode featured Buboy grocery shopping for Team Pacquiao with the bill topping $500.

The storyline may have led many to believe, "When Manny wins....everyone gets to eat."

Pacquiao is sure to dig into the breadbasket and mitigate Miguel's power with sharpshooting jabs and hooks to the body.

The goal is to take Cotto to the mid rounds and then go for the kill.

When asked what's for dessert a smiling Buboy replied with a wink, "KNOCKOUT, I hope."

Thx for the post, Perra.

Hopefully when Cotto Kills him, I can refer to this article and talk all the **** to team Pac instead of Pac because they are the ones that really would be in the spotlight.

Comment

Working...
      X