Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light sparring 5/16/17 working on changing speed of punches, angles, no loading up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
    if your afraid of that, then you shouldnt be in the ring in the first place.

this is the fight game my man, and its not a pretty one, if health and safety is a concern to someone they shouldnt be in the ring and the effects of boxing should be clearly stated to them before entering it.
    really, the fight game you say. Please fill me in on this thing that you call the fight game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      1 clash and one or more of your boys won't spar or fight for 90 days.........
      Sorry rockin,
      you got it wrong man.

1st KO, where a boxer during a fight or sparing, is Kod due to continuous blows, head clash or is unable to defend him/herself will not be eligible for competition or sparring within a 30 day time period..... << and where sparring within a gym is concerned that only applies IF the boxing club in question of the said persons KO or head clash causing a cut or concussion is declared.

it is only on the 2nd Ko during a CONTEST where the referee declares a Ko-TKO due to the boxer not being able to defend himself in a CONTEST or receiving numerous hard blows to the head, within a 90 day period of the 1st KO-TKO that the said boxer will be declared unfit/eligible for competition for 90days.

if a boxer is deemed to be KO_TKO 3 times within 12months then that boxer is not deemed fit or eligible for compition for a 1year period

Comment

really, the fight game you say. Please fill me in on this thing that you call the fight game.
        And also.

during a CONTEST. it is the the ringside doctor that declares the number of days that the boxer will be unfit for competition , only after the said boxer receives serious blows to the head that causes the fight to be terminated.

if the boxer is still consciousness a minimum of 30days restriction is placed on the boxer for competition

if the boxer loses consciousness during the bout, then the ringside doctor can place a minimum of 90days restricion on the boxer if the loss of consciousness was less than one min.

if the boxer loses consciousness for more than one min, then a 180-day restriction from competition is the minimum length.......

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

Rae is a great fighter.....is always working with everyone on things in the ring.

I can load up on shots, and sometimes I overthink in the ring

mental fatigue can get you before your body is actually tired.....the body controls the mind.

I've been working on using angles, feints, getting lower because I am always the shorter fighter with shorter reach

Rae has great defense, legs and reflexes so staying on top of him or working angles on him is never easy

leave a comment and let me know what you think and what I can work on

will come back to your video shortly

Comment

Sorry rockin,
            you got it wrong man.

1st KO, where a boxer during a fight or sparing, is Kod due to continuous blows, head clash or is unable to defend him/herself will not be eligible for competition or sparring within a 30 day time period..... << and where sparring within a gym is concerned that only applies IF the boxing club in question of the said persons KO or head clash causing a cut or concussion is declared.

it is only on the 2nd Ko during a CONTEST where the referee declares a Ko-TKO due to the boxer not being able to defend himself in a CONTEST or receiving numerous hard blows to the head, within a 90 day period of the 1st KO-TKO that the said boxer will be declared unfit/eligible for competition for 90days.

if a boxer is deemed to be KO_TKO 3 times within 12months then that boxer is not deemed fit or eligible for compition for a 1year period
            and when they are cut from clashing heads? how long until it is healed?
            Last edited by Rockin'; 05-19-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

and when they are cut from clashing heads? how long until it is healed?
              That depends on the boxer or the cut.
              you do no that a boxer can still enter the ring with a cut or laceration providing medical clearance from the ringside doctor on the day of competition??
              although not frequent, if the boxer only has a small cut or whatever the fck, the doctor might wave it. you obviously wont be alowed box with a huge cut, or stichs. but at the end of the day you can still enter the competition, and it is up to the ringside doctor on the day weather you are allowed to box or not. so long story short, it is up to the doctor on the day to decide.

I have boxed at elite level rockin. i am currently in the middle of gaining my coaching experience to MAYBE open my own gym. im sitting the next tests available for both reffing and judging. Im not a fool i know the rules,iv been their and have had to deal with it.

your spot on in alot of your comments on here, 100% i agree with most of them.

but no offense..when was the last time you were fighting/involved in a fight (competitively) at a high or even intermediate level?

times and rules change alot.
              like i said, under 18s probably wont be boxing with headgear by the end of next year. and thats a fact providing which way the votes go.

Comment

That depends on the boxer or the cut.
                you do no that a boxer can still enter the ring with a cut or laceration providing medical clearance from the ringside doctor on the day of competition??
                although not frequent, if the boxer only has a small cut or whatever the fck, the doctor might wave it. you obviously wont be alowed box with a huge cut, or stichs. but at the end of the day you can still enter the competition, and it is up to the ringside doctor on the day weather you are allowed to box or not. so long story short, it is up to the doctor on the day to decide.

I have boxed at elite level rockin. i am currently in the middle of gaining my coaching experience to MAYBE open my own gym. im sitting the next tests available for both reffing and judging. Im not a fool i know the rules,iv been their and have had to deal with it.

your spot on in alot of your comments on here, 100% i agree with most of them.

but no offense..when was the last time you were fighting/involved in a fight (competitively) at a high or even intermediate level?

times and rules change alot.
                like i said, under 18s probably wont be boxing with headgear by the end of next year. and thats a fact providing which way the votes go.

I boxed for about 13 years out of Detroit
                Reffed/judged out of Detroit for about 6 or 7
                Last edited by Rockin'; 05-19-2017, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I boxed for about 13 years out of Detroit
                  Reffed/judged out of Detroit for about 6 or 7
                  When I retired I was fighting out of the palace
                  well im 26 now, been boxing since i was around 8-9 which is what, 18-19 years or somthing like that.
                  had my first (official) marked fight when i was 11.
                  won national, province and county championships novice and intermediate ( which is equivalent to your golden gloves)

was a finalist at national at elite.
                  competed in numerous European competitions.
                  Never fully made the national team due to weight,injury and personal issues.

It is one regret i have about boxing, is that i never 100% committed when I had the chance.

Im just pointing out rockin, that times are different now.

the rules, that applied to you, don't REALY apply now.

you still didnt answer how long its been since you were involved in a high-level competition?

Comment

well im 26 now, been boxing since i was around 8-9 which is what, 18-19 years or somthing like that.
                    had my first (official) marked fight when i was 11.
                    won national, province and county championships novice and intermediate ( which is equivalent to your golden gloves)

was a finalist at national at elite.
                    competed in numerous European competitions.
                    Never fully made the national team due to weight,injury and personal issues.

It is one regret i have about boxing, is that i never 100% committed when I had the chance.

Im just pointing out rockin, that times are different now.

the rules, that applied to you, don't REALY apply now.

you still didnt answer how long its been since you were involved in a high-level competition?
                    I fought out of Detroit, it was nearly all high level. '92
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 05-19-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

I fought out of Detroit, it was nearly all high level. '92
                      What is high level? Regional golden gloves (what I think you say) national level, novice or intermediates?
                      Any involvement in elites or pro level?

Elites more than pro as anyone could become a pro at that stage.

And my point being 92 is a LONG way off to where we are today

Comment

Working...
                      X