Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto's Return - Kamegai is Latest Opponent in The Mix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
    Cotto has and always will be a joke. I've said it before, this guy lost every time he stepped up bar Mosley and he's beat the champion like once and that was disabled Sergio, everything else was for a vacant title
    He lost but he stepped it up unlike many fighters now that put so many obstacles to fight any challenge

Comment

Someone just sign and get this crybaby away from Boxing ASAp. He just wants money not competition.

Comment

Well, I doubt he'd be able to stop Kamegai who seems to enjoy employing a catch and shoot style with his face doing the catching. Kamegai is tough but limited but keeps coming. Depending how much Cotto has left in the tank this may be a surprisingly entertaining fight. I wouldn't pay to watch it on PPV but if it's on regular HBO I will tune in.

Comment

Please no.

What's wrong with Kirkland? Sure for PPV it was awful, but as a regular HBO fight, that would be as good as can be expected with Cotto at this age, sadly. But anything less than a Kirkland? That's just an awful waste of HBO's budget and I will stop defending Peter Nelson if he does that.

I mean the whole reason I defended Nelson passing on the Oscar Valdez card was because HBO has a limited budget for boxing, and I like how he saves that budget for only either 50-50 action fights, or 50-50 matchups between top guys. Or 1 vs 2 etc, like Lomachenko-Walters.

But to pass on the Valdez card for this crap? Seriously? If it happens, we'll have to start wondering if Peter Nelson isn't owned by Roc Nation. Which could also explain all the pro-Roc Nation robberies that took place on Nelson's network... hmmm...

Comment

You mean the guy who went life and death vs Karass? LMAO

And let me guess, on PPV?

Comment

Well it's already April and he wants to fight in 2 months. With Kirkland dropping out and now with only 2 months to go I guess they can't be too picky with who he can fight. I don't think there's enough time to haggle over pay and structure of contract with a top level fighter. I guess it's going to be Brandon Rios or Yoshihiro Kamegai. Although Rios says he has a fight coming up April 29th, so Rios might not be able to fight Cotto June 24th. So it may very well be Cotto vs. Kamegai
              Last edited by The Time; 04-05-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                Well, I doubt he'd be able to stop Kamegai who seems to enjoy employing a catch and shoot style with his face doing the catching. Kamegai is tough but limited but keeps coming. Depending how much Cotto has left in the tank this may be a surprisingly entertaining fight. I wouldn't pay to watch it on PPV but if it's on regular HBO I will tune in.

It will be on regular HBO, not PPV. Lol, and you think Kamegai will last 12 rounds with Cotto? Lol, no way Kamegai will make it to see the 12th round. Kamegai has a lot of heart and guts and he's a come forward brawler type, defense is lacking. Cotto will batter him. It should be somewhat entertaining for what it is and the styles of both fighters. I guess with limited time to strike a deal for a top opponent, they need to sign somebody, so Kamegai it is.
                Last edited by The Time; 04-05-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

I actually don't mind kamagai of its not ppv and just regular HBO. Kamagai is coming off a fight of the year candidate and then dominated the rematch, phuked up Guerrero and got robbed. But more importantly is fan friendly always in fun fights. I like this better then small shot Rios who hasn't fought in 2 years.

Comment

didn't this guy lose to alfonso gomez? anybody losing to gomez sucks

Comment

I miss the days when it used to be fun being a Cotto fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X