Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you get raped in prison should you be allowed to sue the US gov?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just gotta walk that shit off. Next time don't get caught slippin!

Comment

Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
      I think all crimes should be punished by rape. 5 minutes of ass rape = 1 month off your sentence.
      This.

Although I'd amend it to just be prison = you gonna get raped. I think being buttf#cked in prison being standard would cut down on some of the manliness of going to prison. It might increase the rate of gay people doing crimes, but overall crime would go down & the allure of doing time in some communities would be drastically cut if lil Jose knew uncle Hector got f#cked til he cried when he stole that car last year. Lil Jose gonna be like f#ck that crime **** I'm getting A's in school or working on my jumpshot or f#ck it both I don't wanna get cornholed.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        If you get raped on the street, can you sue the government?
        You aren't in government/(prison) custody on the street.

I can see the case for suing the government or the prison itself if its a private prison if you got f#cked up or raped or whatever. I'm guessing there is some protective aspect prisons have in regard to this or else I'm sure its been tried a million f#cking times by now with all the time prisoners have to sue for all kinds or **** if they wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
          I think so.
          Getting raped by an individual = getting raped by the government so it gives you the right to sue?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            You aren't in government/(prison) custody on the street.

I can see the case for suing the government or the prison itself if its a private prison if you got f#cked up or raped or whatever. I'm guessing there is some protective aspect prisons have in regard to this or else I'm sure its been tried a million f#cking times by now with all the time prisoners have to sue for all kinds or **** if they wanted to.
            The protective aspect is negligence. You would have to prove that the prison acted negligently and failed to properly protect the inmate from the sexual assault. You would have to prove that the prison had the foreknowledge of the sexual assault and failed to acr appropriately. While not exactly the same thing, a similar case is where the victims of the CO movie shooting massacre tried to sue the movie theater. They ended up losing that case and actually had to pay the theater's legal fees in the end.

Comment

The protective aspect is negligence. You would have to prove that the prison acted negligently and failed to properly protect the inmate from the sexual assault. You would have to prove that the prison had the foreknowledge of the sexual assault and failed to acr appropriately.
              Well yea. What I'm saying is I'm guessing there is some waiver that you sign before you enter that says you can't sue if something happens to you or something like that cuz I'm sure there are situations where prisoners could sue, but its not really anything you hear about. Maybe it does happen idk, but I've never heard anything like it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Well yea. What I'm saying is I'm guessing there is some waiver that you sign before you enter that says you can't sue if something happens to you or something like that cuz I'm sure there are situations where prisoners could sue, but its not really anything you hear about. Maybe it does happen idk, but I've never heard anything like it happening.
                I don't remember signing such a waiver, granted it was over 15 years ago when I went to prison

Comment

I don't remember signing such a waiver, granted it was over 15 years ago when I went to prison
                  I can't imagine its advertised very heavily if it does exist. Or maybe things have changed. Idk I just never hear about anyone suing the prison or government about being stabbed, injured or raped or families of someone killed in prison suing over it so thats weird. But like I said maybe I'm just not hearing those lawsuits when they happen, but I'm guessing its something more going on to prevent prisoners suing the government.

Comment

Looks like the New Yorker did a article on why its so hard to sue prisons. Sounds like its mostly about red tape bs & deadlines.
                    http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-d...to-sue-prisons

Comment

Working...
                    X