Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone has had any experience in the Air Force?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    You don't have too much say in where you are going, it all depends on your job and where they need you. You do fill out a dream sheet with up to 8 places you would like to go and they say they will take it into consideration. I was very fortunate because when I first came in the UK was 3rd on my list and that was my first base and I was there for 2 years but got married and had to stay an extra year.

When you are supposed to leave a base a list will come out showing you what bases are available for whatever quarter of the year that you are leaving and you can pick from those.

My job is Munition Systems aka AMMO. There are at least 9 different shops within my job but I am currently a Munitions Inspector. I'll be leaving to Korea in August and I'll be going to a Conventional shop which pretty much means i'll be building bombs.
    That sounds very interesting.

How does your family take it all, you find it easy to adapt in foreign countries?.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      That sounds very interesting.

How does your family take it all, you find it easy to adapt in foreign countries?.
      The family is good, my wife is prior military so she understands although she doesn't always like it. Because of my job I go on TDYs a lot and deploy so i'm away at times. I'll be away from them for a year when I go to Korea because it's a short tour, but i'll be able to see them for about a month when I take my mid-tour within that year. After that we'll be back together for 3 years in Italy.

The only thing my wife doesn't like about overseas is the shopping as she doesn't share the same fashion sense as Europeans. When we were stationed in Germany that's what she complained about, and the fact that she would order stuff online from the states and it wouldn't fit right and she'd have to send it back.

I'm just glad i'm headed back to Europe man, it's awesome over there. I'll retire in Germany if I can, definitely the best place i've been. I have a daughter in Germany(from a girlfriend I dated when in the UK) so I've had to learn the language. Italy may be a bit harder to adapt too because not many people speak English from what i'm told.

Comment

The family is good, my wife is prior military so she understands although she doesn't always like it. Because of my job I go on TDYs a lot and deploy so i'm away at times. I'll be away from them for a year when I go to Korea because it's a short tour, but i'll be able to see them for about a month when I take my mid-tour within that year. After that we'll be back together for 3 years in Italy.

The only thing my wife doesn't like about overseas is the shopping as she doesn't share the same fashion sense as Europeans. When we were stationed in Germany that's what she complained about, and the fact that she would order stuff online from the states and it wouldn't fit right and she'd have to send it back.

I'm just glad i'm headed back to Europe man, it's awesome over there. I'll retire in Germany if I can, definitely the best place i've been. I have a daughter in Germany(from a girlfriend I dated when in the UK) so I've had to learn the language. Italy may be a bit harder to adapt too because not many people speak English from what i'm told.
        It's awesome that you get to visit so many interesting destinations. You've obviously adapted to it well, i think i would get fed up after a bit and just want to go home lol.

When are you done and where are thinking of living in Germany?.

Comment

It's awesome that you get to visit so many interesting destinations. You've obviously adapted to it well, i think i would get fed up after a bit and just want to go home lol.

When are you done and where are thinking of living in Germany?.
          I think you'd like it man, it's cheap to travel, the people are great, the only thing I can complain about maybe is the internet isn't as great over there but then that all depends on where you stay. Heck it's only gonna cost me 20 Euro to fly from Italy to Germany to see my daughter via Ryan Air, freaking amazing.

I honestly thought I wasn't going to like it either. I wasn't a huge fan of the UK but that was more due to where the base I was at was stationed, out in the middle of nowhere almost. It was 3 hours to London, maybe an hour from Cambridge so you had to travel in order to do things. Plus i'm originally from D.C. so I was used to a city like atmosphere. By the time I was in Germany I'd grown accustomed to it and now I love the country like life.

I'd probably stay around the same place I was at when I was stationed which is somewhat close to Spangdahlem air base. It's like an hour from Luxembourg, 3 hours from Paris. Plus my landlords out there loved us, they told me to come back as soon as I could and they would sell me their house. The people out there are awesome. All the festivals and stuff, Germans love to party, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
            The chairforce?

Lazy undisciplined fat turds who get hazard pay for being stationed with hard charging dick swing ***** slaying devil dogs...rah
            Now this is a good post

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
              That was a tough mission goose! Bad Ass!

I was hoping to have the same danger zone dream but to no avail.

I had flash backs to the Makati ho wars on P Burgos and in Angeles. In my dream I got the bullhead clap, and my mushroom tip had to be tit with a ruler to get the gunk out.

They got incurable stuff globally now. Rain coats don't help. Ay Dios Mio!

Comment

I think you'd like it man, it's cheap to travel, the people are great, the only thing I can complain about maybe is the internet isn't as great over there but then that all depends on where you stay. Heck it's only gonna cost me 20 Euro to fly from Italy to Germany to see my daughter via Ryan Air, freaking amazing.

I honestly thought I wasn't going to like it either. I wasn't a huge fan of the UK but that was more due to where the base I was at was stationed, out in the middle of nowhere almost. It was 3 hours to London, maybe an hour from Cambridge so you had to travel in order to do things. Plus i'm originally from D.C. so I was used to a city like atmosphere. By the time I was in Germany I'd grown accustomed to it and now I love the country like life.

I'd probably stay around the same place I was at when I was stationed which is somewhat close to Spangdahlem air base. It's like an hour from Luxembourg, 3 hours from Paris. Plus my landlords out there loved us, they told me to come back as soon as I could and they would sell me their house. The people out there are awesome. All the festivals and stuff, Germans love to party, haha.
                I've never been to Germany, I have thought about going Oktoberfest and was supposed to go Hamburg for a stag do, but it never happened for one reason or another.

I don't know about visiting the big cities there now with the ongoing migrant crisis.

I will visit at some point for sure though, probably for a football match. Their fans are very passionate, it would be great to attend a Dortmund match.

Ryanair is cheap but sure seems like a zoo with the mad rush for boarding, they are reliable though and rarely have delays.

Comment

I've never been to Germany, I have thought about going Oktoberfest and was supposed to go Hamburg for a stag do, but it never happened for one reason or another.

I don't know about visiting the big cities there now with the ongoing migrant crisis.

I will visit at some point for sure though, probably for a football match. Their fans are very passionate, it would be great to attend a Dortmund match.

Ryanair is cheap but sure seems like a zoo with the mad rush for boarding, they are reliable though and rarely have delays.
                  Germans go crazy around World Cup time, it's hilarious. That's probably one thing I wish I had done was go to a football match, the only ones i've been to were when I was in Romania.

Yeah that migrant crisis is no joke right now. My daughter's mother tells me she doesn't feel as safe as before and how much crime has risen since they moved so many of them in. Sucks cause that's one thing I loved about Germany was that although it wasn't the safest place my kids could play outside like when I was young and I wouldn't have to worry too much.

I like how every town has that small town vibe though. Everyone looks out for everyone and knows all the people within their town. I remember I was gone on a Saturday and my cleaning lady was at my house, I get a call from my neighbors saying there is some woman in my house, and they were asking if I knew her or should they call the cops, haha. Man I miss Germany!!

I put it on my list of places to go after my short tour but they are sending me to Italy instead. Still can't complain about that.

Comment

I'm currently stationed in Arizona which is my first stateside assignment. I'll be going to Korea for a year in August then doing 3 years in Italy, so as I said the opportunity to travel is there if you're interested. If you have any questions feel free to ask, i'll answer them the best I can.
                    Can you update us on what transpired?

Comment

Nope, my cousin is over there. I'm at Davis-Monthan unfortunately
                      I will pull fire watch.

Just show me the button to nuke those c h I n k s

Comment

Working...
                      X