No announcement yet.

The Travelling Man Meets the Belt Kidnapper

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Travelling Man Meets the Belt Kidnapper

What are your thoughts on Champions holding their belts hostage in their country, constantly fighting weak opposition and getting gift decisions when legitimate contenders travel to face them? Another thing is what are your thoughts on overmatched fighters travelling and getting underpaid to face champions or get fed to prospects and be used as stepping stones? Sure this isn't a new trend but is it useful for the sport? What can be done about the Belt - Nappers?

I swear I feel like a dictator falls every time one of those type of champions lose their crown.

Ok, must be a boring topic I suppose. Anyway I for one dislike the fact that journeymen get hyped up to be some beasts for undercards yet are completely overmatched every time. They are also underpaid for the beating they usually get. Does it help the sport? I think it helps prospects develop and learn how to face different styles from different parts of the world, but I also think there needs to be some type of regulation. Perhaps champions and contenders can no longer fight other boxers whom are not within their ranking position. It would be a lot more interesting if journeymen are reserved for the younger fighters only, sick of seeing champions defend against unranked challengers.

Comment

There's already a thread for this.

See Garcia vs Salka.

Comment

Originally posted by FilMor View Post
        There's already a thread for this.

See Garcia vs Salka.
        fair enough

Comment

Working...
        X