Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao for Floyd' 50th fight.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    i thought floyd was unwilling to work with top rank since he left so how was the fight going to happen? pretty strange when they agree to all his demands then he changes his tune to oh sorry i forgot that i don't work with top rank. it was a nice publicity stunt pretending he wanted to fight pac but his bluff got called.

i really don't blame him for pretending to negotiate. he essentially beat the fans to the punch with the first round of pretend negotiations. if he just ignored pac then people would say oh look he's ducking! obviously everything fell apart and he was exposed when he refused to fight even though he got everything he wanted but it wasn't a bad strategy. to this very day some people still believe he wanted the fight.
    Floyd offered the fight twice and they passed twice. It's obvious to me they aren't interested. I don't care what comes out of Mannys mouth. I go by his actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
      Floyd offered the fight twice and they passed twice. It's obvious to me they aren't interested. I don't care what comes out of Mannys mouth. I go by his actions.
      its strange how you only see things in one direction. floyd "offered" them the fight. yet when pac offers to fight floyd while agreeing to everything floyd wanted and floyd passes it doesn't count for some strange reason. is that not an action? is that not the same action that you accused pac of doing? except in this instance floyd got everything he wanted and still didn't fight. pac didn't get everything he wanted when he "passed" on the fight yet you think he's ducking. floyd gets everything he wants and doesn't fight yet he's not ducking. this is called bias.

also if you are counting the 40 million over the phone offer as a true offer thats pretty dubious. it's a terrible offer for both top rank and pac since they would both make more in an average pac fight when you do the math. when you take arums cut away from 40 million pac is left with an average payday and arum is left with much less since he has nothing to do with the promotion/gate of the fight. once again 40 million sounds nice but if you the research it was another joke offer.

i doubt you will change your mind since you don't seem to worry about the details too much but have a

Comment

I do think this would be very symbolic and historic. One last fight against Pac for #50 would be amazing. Hilarious if Pac owns him

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          Floyd was expecting Manny to say no because on the first one, Floyd Jr, Sr, team, GB all attacked Manny and ACCUSED him of taking PEDs with no proof. The second time, even the objective Floyd fan have said that Floyd's offer was not a serious offer.

Now if Manny says yes, something similar to this is what would happen:

"Manny you are NEXT" then he lies by saying
          "I NEVER said Manny is next, don't put words in my mouth"

Comment

I suspect that we will finally see the fight when mayweather finally believed that Manny Pacquiao is so worn out already from fighting Elites back and forth; --so worn out that even your grandma can now stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              its strange how you only see things in one direction. floyd "offered" them the fight. yet when pac offers to fight floyd while agreeing to everything floyd wanted and floyd passes it doesn't count for some strange reason. is that not an action? is that not the same action that you accused pac of doing? except in this instance floyd got everything he wanted and still didn't fight. pac didn't get everything he wanted when he "passed" on the fight yet you think he's ducking. floyd gets everything he wants and doesn't fight yet he's not ducking. this is called bias.

also if you are counting the 40 million over the phone offer as a true offer thats pretty dubious. it's a terrible offer for both top rank and pac since they would both make more in an average pac fight when you do the math. when you take arums cut away from 40 million pac is left with an average payday and arum is left with much less since he has nothing to do with the promotion/gate of the fight. once again 40 million sounds nice but if you the research it was another joke offer.

i doubt you will change your mind since you don't seem to worry about the details too much but have a
              Mannys a fighter not a promoter. He can't offer Floyd sh.it. He's not bringing anything to the table financially or logistically. All he has to do is show up in shape. And to just snub your nose at 40 mil, when at the time nobody had ever been guaranteed 40 mil before. He deserved to be knocked out for being stupid. And Arums cut from Manny shouldn't be Floyd's main concern. That's Mannys problem not Floyd's.

Comment

Lets not try fool Floyd into taking the Pac fight in that it will enhance his legacy in anyway, he should have fought Pac years ago, when Pac was hot, and no1 p4p.

People are only asking for the fight still, although to a lesser degree than before of course, only because people think it will be interesting more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Lets not try fool Floyd into taking the Pac fight in that it will enhance his legacy in anyway, he should have fought Pac years ago, when Pac was hot, and no1 p4p.

People are only asking for the fight still, although to a lesser degree than before of course, only because people think it will be interesting more than anything.
                  Manny will do the same thing odh, Shane and cotto did - take the fight against Floyd when he feels the loss won't derail his career or prevent him from earning big money. Manny has not been avoiding the fight on principle. He's avoiding it because he likes getting $20-$25 mil for fighting top rank bums.

Comment

Working...
                  X