Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sturm or Ottke

Who was the better fighter, who had the Better Resume

ottke.

i hate to even say that guy's name, but they're different classes of fighter.

Comment

Sven 'slugger' Ottke.

Comment

I personally would go with Sturm. For me he is more talented and easier to watch. Otke might have an unbeaten record but there were some dubious home decisions in there and some debatable refereeing too (Reid fight jumps to mind).

Comment

Was Ottke any good though. Should I even bother watching any of his fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Ottke wasn't that bad. Excellent amateur. Solid pro. Should have had a few losses and ended up a worst case kind of hometown fighter. I think he and Sturm were about equal. Would have been an interesting fight.

Comment

You may want to slash your wrists if you do!

Comment

He was a defensive master, but of the most dull kind. He had no pop so there was never a chance of a satisfying KO. Lord knows how many saturday nights I wasted watching his fights hoping to see his ugly mug on the canvas.

Anyways he has a solid resume with several top notch and legit wins along with some decisions that could easily have gone the other way. He benefitted from quite a weak era of SMW's and unfortunately he couldn't lure Calzaghe out of Wales which leads to a mindboggling statistic:

Ottke and Calzaghe has the record for titledefenses in the division with 20 something and they compiled their defenses practically simultaneously and yet they never fought each other.

If you're going to watch any Ottke fight, you'd be best off watching his fight with Anthony Mundine. If you haven't heard about the fight, then don't look for Info before watching.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  He was a defensive master, but of the most dull kind. He had no pop so there was never a chance of a satisfying KO. Lord knows how many saturday nights I wasted watching his fights hoping to see his ugly mug on the canvas.

Anyways he has a solid resume with several top notch and legit wins along with some decisions that could easily have gone the other way. He benefitted from quite a weak era of SMW's and unfortunately he couldn't lure Calzaghe out of Wales which leads to a mindboggling statistic:

Ottke and Calzaghe has the record for titledefenses in the division with 20 something and they compiled their defenses practically simultaneously and yet they never fought each other.

If you're going to watch any Ottke fight, you'd be best off watching his fight with Anthony Mundine. If you haven't heard about the fight, then don't look for Info before watching.
                  Ottke never wanted any part of Calzaghe anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Ottke never wanted any part of Calzaghe anywhere.
                    I'm quite sure his promotor made offers to Calzaghe fighting Ottke in Germany.

Comment

Working...
                    X