No announcement yet.

AJ Chins vs Wlads and Lewis Chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ Chins vs Wlads and Lewis Chin

All 3 had/have shaky chins, the biggest difference however is their ability to recover. Wlad got dropped by Samuel Peter and came out to dominate the next round and onward, same when he got dropped by AJ in Round 5, he ended finishing stronger. Lewis took some heavy shots from both Shanon Briggs and Vitali Klitschko and composed himself to win both fights.

AJ on the other hand, got tagged by Wlad in the 6th and it took him 3-4 rounds to come back from. Same with Ruiz, he never recovered from that 3rd round assault.

Wlad didnt recover against Brewster though. In fact, the look of Joshua at the end of the fight reminded me alot of how Wlad looked after the Brewster fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
      Wlad didnt recover against Brewster though. In fact, the look of Joshua at the end of the fight reminded me alot of how Wlad looked after the Brewster fight.
      Wlad was never seriously hit by Brewster to recover, he emptied the tank in those first 5 rounds by his own doing, leaving Brewster with nothing to do but finish him off.

Comment

They all have similar chins, biggest difference is Stewart taught Lewis-Wlad the hold and lean defensive technique. They became very different fighters after learning it, Wlad for example hired Stewart right before Peter & that's the first fight we saw him employ it, saved his ass, Lewis hired him after the McCall fight I believe.

I also fully believe this era has the hardest hitters of all time, I'd put Ruiz's power up there with Tyson, Joyce with Foreman, AJ with Wlad, Wilder above all etc.

Comment

Lewis chin wasn't suspect IMO. Sure he got sparked vs Rahman and the ref stopped the McCall fight as Lewis was on shaky legs. But he took plenty of flush shots throughout his career and reacted well to them. His chin is on another level than Joshua, who seems to be shaken from any flush blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            They all have similar chins, biggest difference is Stewart taught Lewis-Wlad the hold and lean defensive technique. They became very different fighters after learning it, Wlad for example hired Stewart right before Peter & that's the first fight we saw him employ it, saved his ass, Lewis hired him after the McCall fight I believe.

I also fully believe this era has the hardest hitters of all time, I'd put Ruiz's power up there with Tyson, Joyce with Foreman, AJ with Wlad, Wilder above all etc.
            Wlad hired Steward for the first Brewster fight.

And I certainly would not put Ruiz power in the same category as Tyson, Wlad or Wilder, lol are you serious?

Comment

Lewis actually had a decent chin. Wlad reminds me more of AJ but he wad way better at hiding his chin and avoiding any kind of major damage. AJ looks shook everytime someone lands on him

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Wlad hired Steward for the first Brewster fight.

And I certainly would not put Ruiz power in the same category as Tyson, Wlad or Wilder, lol are you serious?
                He hired him after the Brewster loss & it took him some time to master it.

Tyson went the distance with journeymen level guys, some previously stopped, he hit several guys with A LOT of shots that should've put them down but didn't.

International boxing has come a long way, Andy Ruiz is the greatest Mexican HW of all time, Usyk is the greatest Euro cruiser of all time, ggg the best Euro MW of all time, Kovalev best Euro LHW of all time, Loma, Canelo, Benavidez, Ramirez etc.

Imagine if you took 90% of today's international boxers out of boxing, that's basically what boxing used to be.

Hell if a guy like Mavrovic can rock Lewis, you better believe a guy like Ruiz can.

Comment

Lewis didn't have a shaky chin at all. He got caught by two big punchers. Tua landed on Lewis's chin and did nothing.

Comment

Lewis having a bad chin is a myth. His knockout losses would’ve done almost anybody.

Comment

Working...
                    X