Is Andre Ward ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
    Absolutely ATG.

He raped Kessler, Froch, Miranda etc. His skills speak for themselves.

Cheater? He was dirty but a lot of great fighters are. Is Holyfield less great? Hopkins? Marco Antonio Barrera?

A lot of unwarranted hatred in this thread. I agree Ward not leaving Oakland was wack but that’s on promoters, not fighters. We failed to make Ward a true star in the bay but he is an ATG súper MW only ranking below Roy Jones Jr and James Toney.

LHW he is top 15, possibly 10 all time. Retired undefeated and avenged his toughest fight in a destruction of Kovalev.

most accurate post so far

Comment

Very good fighter. ATG? nah. Only 2 fighters of the past 20 years get on that list. Floyd and Manny. Now we may have a couple more current fighters who can get there. It all depends on how the rest of their careers pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

In my lifetime, I have NEVER witnessed a human-being say so many stupid things in such a short space of time

LMAO
        You literally just need to look in a mirror and dictate the posts you make on here.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          oh really, misquoting.... ? you just got KTFO bltch

Ima wreck you on the other thread now humpty

"I don't think he would have been looked at much differently than Bika Barrera or Miranda etc."
          Yeah he was a guy who if allowed to get dirty he was very tough to win clear rounds against...but even with those advantages it was very hard for him to win clear rounds...fortunately he and his team knew the formula was to fight at home and ride that wave to 10-2 and 12-0 UDs in 6-6 and 7-5 fights they could have lost in neutral locations.

He seems like a pretty good dude..but elite boxer nah...I never really saw that...people sh.it on Floyd a lot but at least he could clearly win rounds in big fights...he was great...Andre I can't say that for.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            this is only a small portion of his career. we need an updated vid please. some brave soul has to volunteer to watch his fights again though. oof

I can;t think of any boxer who fights as dirty as Ward. He turns all his fights into an ugly mauling mess, He is great at fighting dirty. I am glad he is retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
              Yeah he was a guy who if allowed to get dirty he was very tough to win clear rounds against...but even with those advantages it was very hard for him to win clear rounds...fortunately he and his team knew the formula was to fight at home and ride that wave to 10-2 and 12-0 UDs in 6-6 and 7-5 fights they could have lost in neutral locations.

He seems like a pretty good dude..but elite boxer nah...I never really saw that...people sh.it on Floyd a lot but at least he could clearly win rounds in big fights...he was great...Andre I can't say that for.

only an absolute fkn moron would think that Murray, Lemieux, and Monroe..... are better than Lara, Cotto, and Trout..... and only an absolute fkn moron would think that Bika, Barrera, and Miranda..... are as good as Andre Ward

you are that fkn moron

FACT: now everyone knows that you are just another shlthead casual-fan

Comment

'Hey you guys wanna go to that party?'

"Nah, I heard that aboutfkntime guy is gonna be there"

'That guy that just yells about stuff that doesn't really make sense?'

"Yeah him...I heard he wanted to watch Canelo shower naked too"

'Yeah let's pass on that one man'

That's literally the type of impact you have on every thread on here...you ruin the party man lol...you are just unable I think to hold a normal conversation...I really wonder what type of interactions you actually have in person...you're 55 years old for God's sake lol

Comment

look at the way he fought paul smith compared to a kessler or kovalev. he wasnt wrestling nonstop against paul smith. he wasnt holding and hitting nonstop against paul smith. he wasnt lowblowing, headbutting, bending below the waist etc...against paul smith. that proves to me that his boxing skills were very average because that wasnt his style unless he was fighting someone who was challenging him in some way.

and for exhibit B look what ward did when paul smith caught him with a great right hand. the holding and fouling started immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                    'Hey you guys wanna go to that party?'

"Nah, I heard that aboutfkntime guy is gonna be there"

'That guy that just yells about stuff that doesn't really make sense?'

"Yeah him...I heard he wanted to watch Canelo shower naked too"

'Yeah let's pass on that one man'

That's literally the type of impact you have on every thread on here...you ruin the party man lol...you are just unable I think to hold a normal conversation...I really wonder what type of interactions you actually have in person...you're 55 years old for God's sake lol
                    I’m convinced he’s sought therapy for whatever tf his problem is. He goes all quiet on here once in a while, then comes back and slowly ramps up to raving lunacy...typical addict behaviour. He’s definitely fighting some demons...oh well ***** him lol...miserable pos.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      look at the way he fought paul smith compared to a kessler or kovalev. he wasnt wrestling nonstop against paul smith. he wasnt holding and hitting nonstop against paul smith. he wasnt lowblowing, headbutting, bending below the waist etc...against paul smith. that proves to me that his boxing skills were very average because that wasnt his style unless he was fighting someone who was challenging him in some way.

and for exhibit B look what ward did when paul smith caught him with a great right hand. the holding and fouling started immediately.
                      Yep well said...similarly I saw him look great against Alex Brand...but against B level and above I never really saw the same skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X