No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Let him. Lakers had a 6'9" point guard back in the day.

I keep reading about Avery as a SF though.

LBJ
    Green
    Bradley
    AD
    McGee

Starting 5.
    McGee over Boogie in the starting line up?

Comment

• Boogie is 100% starting. Anxious to see him after a full off season post injury/s.

How Bout Javale, Boogie, AD, Kuz, Bron. The forrest lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ric Flair Drip View Post
        McGee over Boogie in the starting line up?
        That was the lineup I've been reading as the Lakers' potential starting 5.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/07/08/los...hart-rotation/

It sort of explains why McGee first but doesn't expect him to play a ton of minutes either.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          That was the lineup I've been reading as the Lakers' potential starting 5.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/07/08/los...hart-rotation/

It sort of explains why McGee first but doesn't expect him to play a ton of minutes either.
          I think Boogie starts... dude should come back to form not only one year removed from surgery but also now he has a HUGE chip on his shoulder to prove everyone wrong.........

Comment

• Boogie is xfactor

Last year was too early to come back from the og injury

This year is when he fully recovered

If he's healthy and motivated and keeps his head.....

He's gonna be a problem for these soft ass, lil dick, small ball teams

Comment

• Boogie, McGee, ad, lebron, Kuzma

If we pound the ball in, old school style

These new booty, new fad small ball teams gonna be hurting

Comment

• Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                You clearly think PPG is the only defining value of a player. But you seem to be going back and fourth on that to suit your argument. You're literally arguing against yourself. LMAO

You just making up imaginary things to support your arugments. Kawhi never held Lebron scoreless. Lebron has never gone against any defender that has given him trouble in his career. The only time he has had problems is when he had trash teammates(pre-Miami Cavs) and teams would double triple team him.
                I'm talking about PPG by lineups as well as defense, those are defining numbers. This is about mismatches, what your lineups are capable of producing.

The Lakers simply don't have the lineups to counter the Clippers, they don't have the offense OR defense. Let AD score all he wants, the role players are going to get shut down and more than outscored by the Clips.

The last time LBJ played Kawhi he scored 0pts as his primary defender.

Game 3 LBJ had 77 offensive touches, converted on just 14. Did he score? Sure, but he deferred so much it led to the biggest point differential in NBA history.

Game 5 Kawhi gets in foul trouble early 1st Q, gets benched, LBJ explodes for 17 1st Q pts. Kawhi checks in 10 mins into the 2nd, LBJ scores just 2pts until 4 mins into the 3rd.

LBJ defers when guarded by Leonard & his team suffers. Really isn't much different than a guy on a lotto team putting up empty numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  I'm talking about PPG by lineups as well as defense, those are defining numbers. This is about mismatches, what your lineups are capable of producing.

The Lakers simply don't have the lineups to counter the Clippers, they don't have the offense OR defense. Let AD score all he wants, the role players are going to get shut down and more than outscored by the Clips.

The last time LBJ played Kawhi he scored 0pts as his primary defender.

Game 3 LBJ had 77 offensive touches, converted on just 14. Did he score? Sure, but he deferred so much it led to the biggest point differential in NBA history.

Game 5 Kawhi gets in foul trouble early 1st Q, gets benched, LBJ explodes for 17 1st Q pts. Kawhi checks in 10 mins into the 2nd, LBJ scores just 2pts until 4 mins into the 3rd.

LBJ defers when guarded by Leonard & his team suffers. Really isn't much different than a guy on a lotto team putting up empty numbers.
                  LBJ is a pass first player and he still averages more points head-to-head against Kawhi. I recall Kawhi averaged like 17pts in finals against Miami Heat when he was the clear #1 option on the team. Kawhi differs a lot more than Lebron does.

LBJ has always taken down teams that were better "on paper". 73 win Warrios 2016 finals. and even in 2015 finals without Love and Kyrie in the lineup he forced Warriors to 6 games even the final game ended 92-89. Warriors should've dominated every game by 30pts but they didn't.

This is the best team Lebron has had in his career he will DESTROY the Clippers.

You better be here after every game they play each other this year.
                  Last edited by -Swizzy-; 07-09-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Ric Flair Drip View Post
                      I think Boogie starts... dude should come back to form not only one year removed from surgery but also now he has a HUGE chip on his shoulder to prove everyone wrong.........
                      It's possible. As long as he is 100% though.

Otherwise, I like Kuz and Boogie off the bench against teams with weak perimeter/guard play.

But idk how teams like the clippers manage against a lineup with Bron, Green, Kuz, AD, and 100% Boogie.

Comment

Working...
                      X