Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you believe in creation or evolution?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
    Scientology said a group of aliens created us.
    How is that more outlandish than believing an all knowing invisible entity created the universe and us in it in under 7 days?

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
      And a lot of people like to talk about **** that they ultimately don't know much on. Just saying, yes under certain lenses like young earth creationism, believing in evolution can get tough to reconcile. But creationism itself, the idea that there is a creator, is not incompatible with science. Maybe the science is 'the how'? And evolution is in the bible. Hell, you don't even have to read but a few chapters in genesis to see a big example(s).

So just saying, big difference between young earth creationists and creationists in general. Just as there is a big difference in believing the earth is 6 thousand years old, or its billions of years old.

And lol at Howard stern. I like his ****, hes a funny guy, but lolwut
      Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      And genesis, essentially, says a man just appeared and made a woman out of a body part of his. I don't have a problem with people being Christian but believing in creationism is insane. It's so discredited by the intellectual community.
      I respect both ure guys opinions. I was just trying to get a feel for everybody's take, seems like more people are straying from religon more than ever before. I just said stern cause he freaks out every time religon is brought up.It's funny cause he's Jewish and can't stand the thought of anybody beleving in god.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        How is that more outlandish than believing an all knowing invisible entity created the universe and us in it in under 7 days?
        The one thing I will say is the bible has been in line with current events and events in the past. Comparing that to some freaking aliens who aren't human is not the same.

Comment

I respect both ure guys opinions. I was just trying to get a feel for everybody's take, seems like more people are straying from religon more than ever before. I just said stern cause he freaks out every time religon is brought up.It's funny cause he's Jewish and can't stand the thought of anybody beleving in god.
          Yeah. Even I, right wrong or indifferent, have strayed from religion.

But not my spirituality.

Comment

Originally posted by George Orwell View Post
            im not sure why anyone would want to believe in a fairytale written by ignorant goat herders thousands of years ago.
            Fixed it for you

Comment

Scientology said a group of aliens created us.
              Sounds more plausible than the Bible

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Sounds more plausible than the Bible
                Why, because there's proof of aliens even existing?

Comment

Gotta go with science.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                    Why, because there's proof of aliens even existing?
                    Aliens are incredibly probable.
                    And to any life in the universe, we would be the aliens.

Scientology is still crazy. I wouldnt try comparing one form of craziness to another.
                    But maybe ancient religions about Creation were invented when humans didnt know any better.
                    What excuse do Scientologists have?

Comment

There is enough evidence to make evolution scientific fact.

The others are beliefs.

Comment

Working...
                      X