Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there something wrong with wanting to take care of yourself?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there something wrong with wanting to take care of yourself?

I take a lot of pride on my looks. I work hard and I save my money so I can buy nice cloths and shoes. I never act ****y and I'm nice and respectful to everyone I meet, but people hate on me because of the way I dress. My cousin and brother are always looking me strange when I see them, one time cousin said "we're just going to dinner, why are you dressed to fancy. No matter what you do in life you'll always have haters!

I make sure to always look nice when I'm in public, ever since I was a kid. I have encountered a few hateful losers, but I take it as a compliment...I worked hard to get to where I'm at. I will not apologize for dressing nice, having a noce a nice house, buying a new car every 5 to 6 years, partying on the weekends and having a great career.

I think you will find that those who hate on you for you doing good are just the losers that dropped out of school, have a crappy job they hate, and made all the wrong choices in life. They can't stand to see someone they know better themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      I make sure to always look nice when I'm in public, ever since I was a kid. I have encountered a few hateful losers, but I take it as a compliment...I worked hard to get to where I'm at. I will not apologize for dressing nice, having a noce a nice house, buying a new car every 5 to 6 years, partying on the weekends and having a great career.

I think you will find that those who hate on you for you doing good are just the losers that dropped out of school, have a crappy job they hate, and made all the wrong choices in life. They can't stand to see someone they know better themselves.
      Well to be honest I think that me being black people expect me to act and dress in a stereotypical way. I think they're confused by me so they hate!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger Nasty View Post
          Well to be honest I think that me being black people expect me to act and dress in a stereotypical way. I think they're confused by me so they hate!
          Black people dress sharp. It's ok to take care of yourself, but for me you can go over board.

There's a lot of men here in S. Florida that treat themselves like females, plucking their eyebrows, getting pedi's and mani's, coloring their hair, doing all kinds of **** I think it too damn much for a man to really want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger Nasty View Post
            In this day and age (in America anyways), people who take care of themselves are looked at as gay and people who wear ugly, wrinkly clothes, and basically just let themselves go are looked at as normal. There's nothing wrong with you bro, girls actually love guys that can take care of themselves and I think thats why the dirty, shaggy dudes start hatin.

Comment

How is buying nice expensive clothes "Taking care of yourself"? When people say that, it usually means methods to keeping yourself healthy

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                How is buying nice expensive clothes "Taking care of yourself"? When people say that, it usually means methods to keeping yourself healthy
                Here's the thing, I don't buy expensive cloth, I shop at TJ max, Marshall's, and JC penny so I don't understand why they hate. I do spend a lot of money on shoes because your feet very are important and you have to take care of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
                  In this day and age (in America anyways), people who take care of themselves are looked at as gay and people who wear ugly, wrinkly clothes, and basically just let themselves go are looked at as normal. There's nothing wrong with you bro, girls actually love guys that can take care of themselves and I think thats why the dirty, shaggy dudes start hatin.
                  This is true, my brother in law dresses like a hippie, barely showers, and his hair and facial is a mess, but everyone loves that guy and he had so many friends and female admires.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Black people dress sharp. It's ok to take care of yourself, but for me you can go over board.

There's a lot of men here in S. Florida that treat themselves like females, plucking their eyebrows, getting pedi's and mani's, coloring their hair, doing all kinds of **** I think it too damn much for a man to really want to do.
                    Nothing wrong with pedicures everyone should get them. Now, eyebrows, manis and hair coloring is going to far.

Comment

Working...
                    X