No announcement yet.

what tv analyst did you prefer comment on fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what tv analyst did you prefer comment on fights

I personally liked the late Gil Clancey and also enjoyed when roy jones jr and sugar ray leonard were involved.

Don Dunphy

Comment

I'll agree with the above, plus Howard Cosell, Ferdie Pacheco and Tim Ryan. I've also been enjoying Teddy Atlas and Joe Tessitore on ESPN 2's Friday Night Fights.

Comment

I like and trust Al Bernstein. Don't like the Gus Johnson hysterics or the Jim Lampley insidious propaganda. Sure wish there was somebody like Don Dunphy around now.

Comment

Jim Lampley bang bang

Jim Lampley one of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I like and trust Al Bernstein. Don't like the Gus Johnson hysterics or the Jim Lampley insidious propaganda. Sure wish there was somebody like Don Dunphy around now.
            Loved Bernstein too. Didn't he used to do some kind of classic boxing show on ESPN, before ESPN Classics came along?
            Last edited by Anthony342; 08-26-2012, 12:19 AM.

Comment

I should have mentioned some of your suggestions as well as did see the don dunphy comment on duran buchann fight in 1972 as he described the action very accuratly and also secured an interview with the ref after the conterversial
              ending. Tim ryan was excellent as well. dr fredie pacheco I have seen in the past calling cuevas duran, dejeus duran 2 and leonard duran 1 he is excellent and also speaks spanish and could accuratly conduct an interview with latin american fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Lover Bernstein too. Didn't he used to do some kind of classic boxing show on ESPN, before ESPN Classics came along?
                During the 1980's and early 1990's Bernstein did the weekly live fight cards on ESPN. I still remember the first time I saw Mike Tyson fight was on that show.

Comment

Oh okay, but this was a show he did from time to time with classic fights from the past. After the fight was done, Bernstein would say what happened to a particular boxer following the fight, like when they showed Hagler-Mugabi, he mentioned Hagler only fighting once more professionally against Leonard and then retiring.

Comment

1. Howard Cosell
                    2. Al Bernstein
                    3. Gil Clancy
                    4. Tim Ryan
                    5. Sam Smith
                    6. Max Kellerman
                    7. Manny Steward

Comment

Working...
                    X