Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think these floydiots know boxing at all?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Floyd cleared out 130 at a much younger age~ 24+ when he beat Jesus Chavez.

Ward beat Froch at 27+~ 27 ain't really that young unless you are talking heavies.

Ward fighting those dudes doesn't even mean much to him anymore, Bute is over with and Dirrell he is nowhere on the map, even if he was he would need to be in much better position for Ward to ever consider that fight.
    Im just saying, to say that you completely cleaned out the division, you'd still have to beat those 2. Im not 100% aware of Floyd cleaning out 130, but can you give me his resume at 130? Its not that i dont believe you, im just too lazy to look it up.

Comment

A lot of morons that support both guys. I find it funny how smug some Floyd fans are when they don't know **** themselves. Fact is both fighters have plenty of idiotic fans.

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
        Im just saying, to say that you completely cleaned out the division, you'd still have to beat those 2. Im not 100% aware of Floyd cleaning out 130, but can you give me his resume at 130? Its not that i dont believe you, im just too lazy to look it up.
        Genaro Hardandez never lost at 130 is who he won the strap from.

Angel Manfready was pretty much the next best guy after that and that fight was for fighter of the year 1998~ Floyd crushed him.

The next three fight were agianst perenial fringe guys at the class with a combined record of 111-6-2

Next fight was Gregario Vargas who was a former title holder at 126 coming up.

Next was Corrales

Then he finished off the the under rated duo of Carlos Hernadez and Jesus Chavez who both went on to win world titles.

There were 2 guys that he didn't end up seeing but Frietas's people never wanted him in the same area code as Mayweather and Casamayor who may have wanted to fight him but only for the proper price.

Comment

Genaro Hardandez never lost at 130 is who he won the strap from.

Angel Manfready was pretty much the next best guy after that and that fight was for fighter of the year 1998~ Floyd crushed him.

The next three fight were agianst perenial fringe guys at the class with a combined record of 111-6-2

Next fight was Gregario Vargas who was a former title holder at 126 coming up.

Next was Corrales

Then he finished off the the under rated duo of Carlos Hernadez and Jesus Chavez who both went on to win world titles.

There were 2 guys that he didn't end up seeing but Frietas's people never wanted him in the same area code as Mayweather and Casamayor who may have wanted to fight him but only for the proper price.
          Floyd was a master class boxer in that Hernandez fight at such a young age. I remember watching it because I heard so much about it, and thinking man, he would probably be undefeated at 130. A lot of people said that Floyd was ducking Casamayor, but we all know the deal.

But, yeah thanks for the breakdown.

Comment

Floyd was a master class boxer in that Hernandez fight at such a young age. I remember watching it because I heard so much about it, and thinking man, he would probably be undefeated at 130. A lot of people said that Floyd was ducking Casamayor, but we all know the deal.

But, yeah thanks for the breakdown.
            Ward can end up doing a lot more at 168 because he is very likely to just hang there and dominate.

In the end he should move beyond Floyd in terms of dominatng one division and more onto a Hagler, Hopkins (amongst others) type domination where they ran **** for like a decade.

Comment

Ward can end up doing a lot more at 168 because he is very likely to just hang there and dominate.

In the end he should move beyond Floyd in terms of dominatng one division and more onto a Hagler, Hopkins (amongst others) type domination where they ran **** for like a decade.
              Agreed. Ward looks like he cant afford to lose weight or gain weight. He's better off just ruling that division, and taking catch weight fights here and there.

Comment

Name 1 team, that even compares to the Bad Boy's Pistons, Showtime Lakers, 92' New York Knicks (Best defensive team in NBA history!), Shawn Kemp/Gary Peyton's 95-96' Sonics, Karl Malone/John Stockton Utah Jazz. The list goes on and on, jsut cant think of all of them right now.

Edit: Was mainly naming Jordan's playoff rivals. Not all the best teams of that time.
                The Showtime Lakers were done at the end of the 91 season. Shawn Kemp LMAO his carreer was over after the NBA lockout when he came into camp over 3 bills. The 92 Knicks? Theres nothing great about that team. The 2004 Pistons put their heads on a chopping block. Isaih Thomas' carreer was over by the mid 90s. The fact is Jordan never dominated until the greats of the 80s were in their walking chairs. The fact is the NBA was so dead Jordan took 3 yrs off to play Baseball. And if the MLB players didnt Strike he would of still been playing Baseball. That said Jordans still the best of all time.

Comment

Working...
                X