No announcement yet.

roy jones that fought ruiz versus cassius clay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
    It doesn't matter how fast Ali is hes going to have trouble with Roys speed. He definitely has the advantage seeing as he was a career HW, but I dont see Ali seriously hurting Roy. Roy probably loses a close decision, but Im not sure we ever saw what Roy was truly capable of.
    The only fight that Roy had at heavyweight was against a very limited boxer/hugger who's losses mainly came to fighters who moved up in weight. Ali's hand speed was not far from Roy's at heavyweight, and technically and physically, Roy is out matched. Even in the lower weight classes, hes never seen anyone with that kind of foot speed, reflexes and overall ring IQ so at heavyweight i wouldn't think it would be any better for him. His chances would be much higher against Paterson or Marciano and even those aren't guaranteed. I don't understand how you don't think Ali is capable of hurting Roy either.
    Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
    are you alright man??we can talk about this..im here for you man
    LOL
    Last edited by slicksouthpaw16; 06-28-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

i think clay wins but it would be an interesting fight imo

Comment

yea would be very interesting fight. roy with the lead rights and clay on his toes jabbing. i would favor clay in a ud victory.

Comment

Clay would have what, like a 15 inch reach advantage and Jones would be a sitting duck...KO in 4 rds at best

Comment

Hard to say we have never seen roy jones fight in a 15 round fight.

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
              where did this "ali is super fast" myth come from?
              Where did that being a "myth" come from? You sound like a person that knows nothing about boxings history.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                It doesn't matter how fast Ali is hes going to have trouble with Roys speed. He definitely has the advantage seeing as he was a career HW, but I dont see Ali seriously hurting Roy. Roy probably loses a close decision, but Im not sure we ever saw what Roy was truly capable of.
                Well, there's a big difference between fighting Ruiz and fighting Ali. Especially when you're talking about speed. You're right, we didn't see what Jones was capable of which is why I'm not going to assume he does well with possibly the greatest heavyweight in history based on one fight with John Ruiz. There are a lot of heavyweights that would have beaten Roy Jones whose peak weight was 168. Ali had a big edge in height and reach which can't be overlooked either.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                  The only fight that Roy had at heavyweight was against a very limited boxer/hugger who's losses mainly came to fighters who moved up in weight. Ali's hand speed was not far from Roy's at heavyweight, and technically and physically, Roy is out matched. Even in the lower weight classes, hes never seen anyone with that kind of foot speed, reflexes and overall ring IQ so at heavyweight i wouldn't think it would be any better for him. His chances would be much higher against Paterson or Marciano and even those aren't guaranteed. I don't understand how you don't think Ali is capable of hurting Roy either.
                  LOL
                  I don't understand that either. Ali could definitely have hurt Jones.
                  Last edited by Calilloyd; 06-28-2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                    I understand that either. Ali could definitely have hurt Jones.
                    Answer me this question. Who hit harder RJJ or Henry Cooper?

Who was faster RJJ or Henry Cooper?

Who was more skilled RJJ or Henry Cooper?

Ali never stepped in the ring with anyone like Roy. Roy was faster than Ali, smarter than Ali, more physically fit than Ali, only advantage to Ali was that he had Dundee always ready to provide him with illegal substances or rip his gloves etc...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X