No announcement yet.

Who the fcuk is Gerald Washington?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    He deserves every bit of criticism for his opponents since winning the title and it is fair.. just this one fight he needs a tuneup to test his arm after surgery..
    I'm not a Wilder fan Chief! In case you had me confused with Kigali..
    It wasn't a personal attack. I just hear that phrase a lot in combat sports nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      It wasn't a personal attack. I just hear that phrase a lot in combat sports nowadays.
      Yeah but Wilder has been taking soft touches when they weren't his mandatory & there is no excuse for that..

Comment

Do as I do forget he's Champ and don't watch him he's the spoon feed Champ

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          A dude that didn't test positive for PEDs so gets the opportunity of a lifetime by manning up and taking a fight on short notice. Much respect to clean fighters who don't need to cheat to gain the upper hand.
          Unless their name is Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
            why? Hasn't he had nothing but passes since becoming a "champ"? Where did this mentality come from? Giving fighters passes.
            I don't believe in giving champions a pass, ever. Sure give guys a pass if they are up and coming but once they hold a major belt there should be no gimmes.

If you want to know about Washington, watch the Mansour fight (who many thought won).
            Washington is the kind of guy who passes the eye test when you look at him but you won't think much of him as a boxer. He's somewhat athletic and has a decent enough jab but he doesn't seem to get good leverage on his shots and he's definitely not a defensive wizard. Wilder will blow him away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
              Oh damn

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                I don't believe in giving champions a pass, ever. Sure give guys a pass if they are up and coming but once they hold a major belt there should be no gimmes.

If you want to know about Washington, watch the Mansour fight (who many thought won).
                Washington is the kind of guy who passes the eye test when you look at him but you won't think much of him as a boxer. He's somewhat athletic and has a decent enough jab but he doesn't seem to get good leverage on his shots and he's definitely not a defensive wizard. Wilder will blow him away.
                That was a good fight actually IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  That was a good fight actually IMO
                  It wasn't bad. Washington just isnt a killer which is what you need to be to beat Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    Been punished. Served suspension

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                      Washington is a random bum who was picked at the last minute

he will come to the fight poorly prepared

he was picked for record padding reasons and to avoid any possible legit threats

In short, Washington is your usual Wilder opponent
                      You've got to be kidding. Two fighters, one a top 10, got busted for PEDs.

Wilder's opponents either price themselves out or get popped. What's he supposed to do?

Comment

Working...
                      X