No announcement yet.

Khurtsidze taking step-aside? BJS fighting someone else

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich2123 View Post
    Yeah, unless it's like life changing money it's a horrible idea. Who is Khurtsidze's manager? Dude is coming off an exciting upset win that got people interested in him and instead of capitalizing on it, or even just keeping him busy, he goes without fighting for a year. Terrible job running his career.
    It's a brilliant move...

The step=aside is likely low six-figures... maybe mid six-figures depending on how much the big money fight Saunders has is worth.

If he were to go to a purse bid against Saunders, as the challenger, he's only entitled to 25%! That purse bid would be only worth mid to maybe upper six-figures.

SO basically he'd get the same amount fighting for the title, as he gets for DOING NOTHING!

He also gets to keep his place, and gets a shot for the interim title, another fight where he can make low six-figures.

So in the next 5 months he can make half a million dollars by fighting just once.

He wins the interim, he just stays where he was, and awaits to become the mandatory for likely a bigger money fight like GGG, or Canelo. Or, he could just become the full champion by default.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
      It's a brilliant move...

The step=aside is likely low six-figures... maybe mid six-figures depending on how much the big money fight Saunders has is worth.

If he were to go to a purse bid against Saunders, as the challenger, he's only entitled to 25%! That purse bid would be only worth mid to maybe upper six-figures.

SO basically he'd get the same amount fighting for the title, as he gets for DOING NOTHING!

He also gets to keep his place, and gets a shot for the interim title, another fight where he can make low six-figures.

So in the next 5 months he can make half a million dollars by fighting just once.

He wins the interim, he just stays where he was, and awaits to become the mandatory for likely a bigger money fight like GGG, or Canelo. Or, he could just become the full champion by default.
      I don't think anyone has listed a figure but $500,000 is very hard to believe given that Golovkin was paid this amount as step aside money for the Canelo-Cotto fight to be made.

If he were to beat Saunders he would then be able to face Canelo, Murata or Eubank jr for a very good payday. Unless he thinks his chances of beating Saunders are not good or the amount paid to step aside is as high as you say, then I think this is a strange move. I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't fancy his chances of beating Saunders after Saunders' last performance.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
        I don't think anyone has listed a figure but $500,000 is very hard to believe given that Golovkin was paid this amount as step aside money for the Canelo-Cotto fight to be made.

If he were to beat Saunders he would then be able to face Canelo, Murata or Eubank jr for a very good payday. Unless he thinks his chances of beating Saunders are not good or the amount paid to step aside is as high as you say, then I think this is a strange move. I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't fancy his chances of beating Saunders after Saunders' last performance.
        Actually you're right - 500,000 is way too much.

But based on how lucrative the Saunders/GGG fight could be, I stand by that he was definitely offered somewhere in the low six-figure range.

And if the fight went to purse bid between him and Saunders (which it was going to), the challenger is only entitled to 25% (I THINK), so basically he's getting paid as much to step=aside as he would be for the actual fight.

I think he knows that was just rust for BJS after laying off for so long, and admittedly blowing up to 215 pounds, most of his camp was just to lose weight.

If he beat Saunders and won the title, he still isn't looking at any serious payday immediately...

All this move does,is allow him to get paid and DELAY his mandatory shot (as he remains mando spot).. And a chance to win the interim belt (which I think this could actually increase his percentage should a fight for the full title go to purse bid in the future... I'm not sure, though)..

I think he is hoping that Saunders loses to GGG, and then he enforces his mandatory shot against GGG, which would net him a much bigger payday.

Comment

Yeah because fighting that Jap that literally no one has ever heard of is a 'massive fight'

******* Saunders continues to be the biggest joke in boxing

Comment

Also, how lucrative of a fight would Khurtsidze vs Murata or Embank Jr. really be?

He would definitely not get anywhere near as much as they would get in their home countries... Even as a titleholder.

If he were to lose against Saunders, though, that would be a HUGE hit to his career. It'd take him years of fighting murderers row to get back into mandatory position.

SO he sees this as a chance for a free payday, and to sit back, and watch things unfold while he waits for his shot at the end of the year, or this time next year. Ideally, GGG beats Saunders, and then he gets to fight GGG for ALL THE MARBLES...

Comment

Also, how lucrative of a fight would Khurtsidze vs Murata or Embank Jr. really be?

He would definitely not get anywhere near as much as they would get in their home countries... Even as a titleholder.

If he were to lose against Saunders, though, that would be a HUGE hit to his career. It'd take him years of fighting murderers row to get back into mandatory position.

SO he sees this as a chance for a free payday, and to sit back, and watch things unfold while he waits for his shot at the end of the year, or this time next year. Ideally, GGG beats Saunders, and then he gets to fight GGG for ALL THE MARBLES...
              A eubank Jnr rematch will be one of the biggest paydays ******* get's

Bar being Knocked out cold by golovkin that is...

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                A eubank Jnr rematch will be one of the biggest paydays ******* get's

Bar being Knocked out cold by golovkin that is...
                Hahah... Aye, that is true for Saunders.

I was talking about Khurtsidze, doe. In response to another poster saying it was a bad move for Khurtsidze to take the step-aside money, and how if he beat BJS, he'd have lucrative fights against Eubank Jr., and Murata.

I think it's a brilliant move, because really, how big is a fight for Khurtsidze against Eubank Jr.? If that fight were to go to purse bids, it's in the mid to upper six-figures, tops...

Comment

Hahah... Aye, that is true for Saunders.

I was talking about Khurtsidze, doe. In response to another poster saying it was a bad move for Khurtsidze to take the step-aside money, and how if he beat BJS, he'd have lucrative fights against Eubank Jr., and Murata.

I think it's a brilliant move, because really, how big is a fight for Khurtsidze against Eubank Jr.? If that fight were to go to purse bids, it's in the mid to upper six-figures, tops...
                  I guess the value of the WBO belt right now is that both Canelo and GGG want it and would be willing to offer a large sum to secure the belt. For GGG this would give him all of the belts and basically force a Canelo fight. For Canelo it would offer him a chance to claim a legitimate belt and have more negotiating power for a potential GGG fight.

The other fighters at middleweight know this also and therefore if fighters like Murata or Eubank jr want to fight for the belt, they'd have to offer quite large amounts also, unless they are the mandatory.

It depends on how much the step-aside fee is and also how much Khurtsidze rates his chances of beating Saunders, which as I said earlier, he'll never have a better chance to get a title, let alone one so valuable, as he is not getting any younger.

Even if he takes the money, he'll still have to beat a highly ranked fighter for the interim belt, then may face more delays as the WBO puts Canelo as mandatory as they did in January or sanctions a unification bout.

If he could only beat Saunders, he'd be in a very strong position to demand a very high payday from 2 of the biggest names in the sport right now. Maybe he just wants to take the guaranteed money but he is leaving a lot on the table by walking away from this opportunity and it will not be as easy as you think for him to get a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    Yeah because fighting that Jap that literally no one has ever heard of is a 'massive fight'

******* Saunders continues to be the biggest joke in boxing
                    at "******* Saunders"...nooice!!!

Last edited by Donnie Herrera; 02-08-2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Billy Hoe Saunders is killing boxing singlehandedly

Comment

Working...
                      X