No announcement yet.

In regards to these Nelson sparring claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In regards to these Nelson sparring claims

Who knows honestly if it's real or not....can very well be or cannot but the use of sparring is just sparring gets thrown around so nonchalantly. Some of the greatest wars I've seen were in the gym....sparring isn't always "just" sparring...and a lot of times those "just" sparring sessions turn into WARS. Sucks when people here jump to their favorite's rescue when it is mentioned that their favorite was hurt during sparring......at the end of the day yea it was sparring but that doesn't mean there wasn't a war behind closed doors...."Just sparring" yeah sure...guys here hang off nuts like squirrels on trees
    Last edited by {Pito}; 06-04-2017, 01:01 PM. Reason: Spell

Getting knocked out in sparring is a warning sign for the fans though. AJ's case is basically fact and the Wilder rumors make me think the heavyweights of today are a little chinny.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      Getting knocked out in sparring is a warning sign for the fans though. AJ's case is basically fact and the Wilder rumors make me think the heavyweights of today are a little chinny.
      To be fair, if your defence is off against Wlad, he's power is going to put you down. I thought he killed Eddie Chambers. Even Ray Mercer said he's power was unreal.

Comment

I've been heard of the rumors of Wilder getting dropped multiple times in sparring by Klitschko. That's old news. If Eric Molina can hurt Wilder, Firtha rock him backward, Harold Sconiers drop and hurt him bad, then yeah of course Klitschko can hurt him. Why would that be hard to believe?

We've seen film of David Haye rocking and wobbling Wilder in sparring, seen video of Wilder getting knocked out in the amateurs.

Same with Joshua as well. We've seen him get hurt in the amateurs, heard of the sparring stories where Joshua was dropped and hurt, seen Whyte and Klitschko hurt and drop him.

Both guys have been hurt and dropped.

As far as today's Heavyweights being chinny. These are not 126 pound men or 147, 160, etc...

These are Heavyweights, weighing over 220 plus pounds. The highest scale in boxing.

Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, etc....have all been hurt and knocked out.

You very rarely get a "Heavyweight" like David Tua that can take punches from Heavyweights and not get knocked out. There are very, very few men at Heavyweight that haven't been knocked out compared to the lower weight classes.

So I throw that chinny talk about Heavyweights out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
          To be fair, if your defence is off against Wlad, he's power is going to put you down. I thought he killed Eddie Chambers. Even Ray Mercer said he's power was unreal.
          Yeah Wlad has really good power but I think the other heavyweight champions have relatable power if it's in a real fight (Headgear and bigger gloves vs. Actual fight). Heavyweight punches can end any fight instantly but hearing that the fighter you're rooting for has experienced it multiple times is a little disconcerting.

Comment

Working...
          X