Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the higher atg? Trinidad or Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
    Topic??????????
    Tito for sure IMO. Both had great careers but Trinidad was a flat out beast in his day. He got knocked down by just about everybody but he always came back except for Hopkins and Jones, but that was at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      Better wins? De la hoya was a great win, but trinidad beat him first. Washed up vargas? Margarito? It would have to be, cuz he lost to every other elite level fighter he faced. Trinidad's run at 147 is better than mosley's at 135. Trinidad unified at 147 and 154 and won a belt at 160. Mosley won a title at 135 and unified at 147 but didn't do anything significant at 154...and the back to back losses to forrest and wright really hurt him here.
      Tito got a gift vs Oscar, Mosley clearly beat Oscar

Mosley fought the absolute best at their absolute peaks.. cotto, Forrest, winky, margarito were all in the midst of career defining title reigns

Tito was getting outboxed by Vargas and had to resort to low blows to change the momentum

You say Shane losing to winky n forest doesn't look good, but what about Tito getting butchered by Hopkins and looking like a complete ****** vs winky.. Tito looked much worse in those defeats than Mosley ever did..

Like I said before,,, its close, but Mosley had better longevity

Bottom line is Mosley' Oscar win is much better than Tito' gift vs oscar

Comment

Trinidad is better... of all the elite fighters out there, i was always thought that Mosley had the lowest boxing IQ.

Mosley comes off as pretty dumb in and outside of the ring...

Tito > Mosley

Comment

Mosley was the better fighter.

Just we need to watch the fight of both fighters with OScar, Trinidad got a gift, Mosley did a super war.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Mosley fought the absolute best at their absolute peaks.. cotto, Forrest, winky, margarito were all in the midst of career defining title reigns

Tito was getting outboxed by Vargas and had to resort to low blows to change the momentum

You say Shane losing to winky n forest doesn't look good, but what about Tito getting butchered by Hopkins and looking like a complete ****** vs winky.. Tito looked much worse in those defeats than Mosley ever did..

I respect Mosely, and I have the same opinion of you, but Oscar won at least a fight with Mosley, and you are not saying that Mosley was consuming drugs at the momento he fought with Oscar, Mosley had a positive doping.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Tito was not a mw...but he won a belt there off a real fighter and he was basically retired by the time he fought wright. You can't give a guy a ton of credit for names on his resume if he lost to them. Mosley and tito are both half a level below the very best atg fighters, but tito had a better career than mosley, if you judge by winning anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                Tito was not a mw...but he won a belt there off a real fighter and he was basically retired by the time he fought wright. You can't give a guy a ton of credit for names on his resume if he lost to them. Mosley and tito are both half a level below the very best atg fighters, but tito had a better career than mosley, if you judge by winning anyway.
                Poor, very poor analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                  Poor, very poor analysis.
                  Lol ok...got something to add, or just the dumb bottle and comment ? Tito had the better body of work and his career isn't riddled with losses to nearly every elite level opponent he faced. Mosley has the best win between them by jumping to 147 and beating oscar, but careers aren't judged off single wins.
                  Last edited by Real King Kong; 12-22-2016, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Mosley was the better fighter. He had more heart, more courage, and he had longevity.

Comment

I think it's Shane. Shane really beat Oscar De La Hoya while Trinidad got a gift decision in my eyes. Both guys fell short of besting the truly all time greats of their era but Shane had greater longevity and was a smaller guy who went to light middleweight and KO'd guys there.

Prime for Prime I think Shane could have beaten Tito in a very close fight. Tito and Oscar had a similar style but Oscar was slightly better in my opinion and Shane beat him. So it's not far fetched to believe he could have done the same to Trinidad.

Comment

Working...
                      X