Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marciano one mans opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would bash you for saying vitali would be knocked out by a 180 pound man m26 but at least you know he would be destroyed by foreman so you are cool with me

Comment

why the knock on marciano..not overated but perhaps underated..roy jones jr taking rocky to school please..a no heart fighter..great talent yes untill u hit back..rocky hits back..jones down in 3.why knock charles..an all time great skilled fighter thats beyond jones jr..today rocky would be a cruiseweight..49-0 with 48 kos..rocky was a gentleman a quiet humble confidence and a credit to the game which has had its share off smelly people..rocky was refreshing..we need more marcianos louis ses robinsons in the game and less loud mouth flashes who want millions or sit and dont fight..

Comment

I'll admit it, I'm a Rocky fan. Why, because despite all of his weaknesses, he found a way to win.

You know what, he fought the top opposition in his final 8 fights and won them all. No tune ups or ducking fights. In all rocky rematchs he dominated the fights and after that anyone up against Rock would be unfair. There was no one left to fight and little money to make in rematchs you dominate. He said he had a few more fights left in him but no one to fight.

In the end, I think the top heavies have a good chance at beating Rocky the first time on points because Rocky was a slow starter, but in rematchs Rocky gets them all.

Edit: You can't use Rocky's size to determine if he wins or not. You got to match up his style. You have to think shorter Joe Frazier with a little more power in the body punchs and a stonger right hand. Rocky has a high work rate in about 20 punchs a round and that was why he weighed 185, because he had great stamina. Rocky could gain weight but didn't need too, at 185 because he had great punching power from leavrage. Rocky's size as makes him hard to hit and his reach doesn't matter fights, because of his swarmer style. He was a slow starter and needed 15th rounds. With 12 round fights he would get decisioned more.

RJJ, has skills and speed but his punches wouldn't hurt Rocky. So I think Rocky would get knock down a few times but not respect RJJ's power, walk thru one of the punchs and knock him out in the mid-late rounds.

Lewis would be killed against a hard hitting active fighter because he would not be able to hide behind that jab of his for 12 rounds. Lewis might get a knock down or two but Rocky gets up fired up, tires out Lewis in the late rounds and find his mark on that weak jaw eventually.

Foreman, He might lose because Frazier and Rocky had similiar fight style. Frazier was tough as well. On paper Foreman has the edge.

Frazier, Rocky fought the same style and was better at it, tougher, and hit harder. Rocky gets the nod

Vitali klitskho, who he win against? Look at who beat him? How many hall of famers has he won against? Yeah he has size but that makes him a lot slower and a bigger target for Rocky. You think Klitskho good fighting on the inside? Hell, no

Ali, when Rocky was 45 and Ali was 26, Ali got knockd down against Rocky with a single body shot in an exhibition match. He had a hard time even hitting Rocky and keeping him away with his jab for a one min round. Ali was out of shape though but still in his prime while Rocky was 12 years removed from boxing.
        Edit: Ali had problems against Frazier who had the same style as Marciano, short and a swarmer. Frazier should've won 2/3 and Marciano had a little more power in both hands. Marciano wins 2/3.

Holmes, The jab would be enough to stop Rocky. Late round stoppage. EDIT: I think Holmes has a good chance at pulling a decision as well if he doesn't get TKO or stoppage on cuts. Rocky would win in a 15 round fight but not 12 rounder. Rematch, Rocky wins all the way, mid round KO. Rocky figure out te jab by then.

Edit: Toney has a a great defense but Archie moore was known for a great, maybe greatest defense. That's why he had such a long career. Rocky win against Toney like he did against Moore. Toney's defense is not that good for a combo puncher like Rocky with power in both hands. Toney have to bring both hands up and lack the offense to keep Rocky away.
        Last edited by ricecrispi; 06-27-2005, 08:18 PM.

Comment

This guy isn't worth arguing with Rice. He has his own opinions, many of them based on his racist theory of blacks being superior athletes to whites, and he'll never change them.

The only thing I agree with him on is that Tyson is overrated and in his prime would have been destroyed by Foreman. Never discuss a white fighter with him however, as he'd sooner die than give them credit.

Comment

Go to wwww.******** boxing.com /news/bearden2309.php
            east side boxing
            Read yourself on Marciano and Walcott fight and Marciano gruesome power 1/3 way down the page. Who thinks Rocky needed more weight to hurt people when you can knock their teeth into the jaw.

Kid Achilles thanks for the word but I want everyone else to know the truth.
            Last edited by ricecrispi; 06-27-2005, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Lol Racist views?You are white and think some little 180 pound white man could beat 230 pound black men but i am racist?Name one 230 pound black man Marciano beat.Name one 230 pound black man Maricano beat who was a world class fighter.Charles lost 30 fights in his career and had a glass chin.Walcott lost about 20 or 30 times and had a glass chin and Marciano could barely beat him.Archie Moore and Charles were both natural middleweights and Moore had Marciano down with one punch.Moore probably had the worse chin of any champion in boxing history.Moore has been down more than 30 times in his career but yet Marciano had to beat on him for 8 or 9 rounds before he finally put a 45 year old Moore away.Moore said himself Durelle hits way harder than Marciano does.And since he fought both of them i think he would know more about his than you do.
              If you are going to say Roy Jones has a glass chin then as i said Moore Charles Louis and Walcott has a glass chin.They all have been knocked out waaaaaay more than Jones has.And if you think size isnt important then why havent more 180 pound fighters moved up to heavyweight and did anything?Is Marciano special because he is white?Do whites always have to bring him up when we are talkng about true greats?Marciano is in no way better than Frazier.Tua Tyson Ibeabuchi Lewis ect ect would crush Marciano.The only ones who cant see it is racial biased whites who need to have a white as a all time heavyweight great.Marciano wouldnt even do shyt in the cruiserweight division today.He couldnt duck black guys until they were in their 40's or just duck all top black fighters all together.Marciano couldnt box.The little boy was slow as hell.It isnt as if he could use speed to out box bigger guys.It isnt as if he could use a jab to keep anybody at away.He came right to his man.This worked great against complete bums.But this would be suicide against any decent 220 plus pound fighter.When another slow white 180 pound heavyweight comes along and rule the heavyweight division .Not racism just logic.And it isnt as if just whites are biased so are blacks.There are black guys who will come in this room and still say Tyson could be Vitali because he is white.Then lets say Vitali knocks him out some other black guy will come along and say Tyson could beat Wladamir when we know he cant.Or a black guy will come in here and say Tyson has more heart than Quarry when we all know quarry has more balls than just about any fighter who ever lived.
              Marciano is a over rated white fighter who is only known because of his color.Not a top 10 heavyweight of all time because he isnt a heavyweight.Top 10 crusierweight?Nope.Top 10 white cruiserweight?Maybe

Comment

I'm wondering where you're getting your information. Jersey Joe Walcott only lost 18 fights and only 6 of those were by stoppage and the guys who put Walcott down for the count had high KO percentages. Ezzard Charles has 25 losses but only 8 of those were by KO. Archie Moore only lost 8 or 9 of 25 by KO. And that in a career that saw 184 wins with 141 by KO. Also, you fail to mention that, although he took a beating in his first fight with Durelle, he came back and won the fight by KO. So your diminishing three incredible boxers just to trash Rocky is ridiculous because you don't even know what you're talking about.

Comment

How can you basically call three hall of famers bums??

Walcott knocked out Joe Louis in a sparring match and both were about the same age when they fought and Walcott got fired. He did it later when they fought again and dominated Joe Louis in both fights until he got dropped by Joe Louis comeback KO in the 2nd fight. Walcott lost often because he was so desperate to make money he took fights on a weeks notice or less to feed his family. Sometimes, he jump off the fishing or shipping boats and fight 2-3 days later. Ali copied his shuffle and the term "sucker punch" was coined by Walcott. IF Walcott was a bum it was in the streets and not in the ring.

plus roy jones never fought 100 + fights like Moore or close to the number of matchs like Charles or Walcott. If he did, he be dropped more times and lose more fights. Roy fought a slow ass no skills Ruiz to beat a heavyweight. These guys were not in one fight and gone the next, they were heavyweights much like Holyfield was one. Roy couldn't even contend for a light heavy weight crown at his age and he doesn't have that much ring wear.
                  These guys were contending for the crown at the same age.

If you did read my link, Marciano was ripping peoples heads off at 185. 15 more pounds and it would be overkill.

He was breaking jaws, ripping teeth, and breaking bones. I never heard Lewis ever do that or Tyson or Klitskhos or even Frazier for that fact, even with bum fighters. Yeah they knocked guys out but not in the same fashion as Marciano.

Marciano got knocked down because of bad boxing footwork, not because of his chin or getting hurt. The fact is, he said he was never ever hurt in the ring.
                  Last edited by ricecrispi; 06-28-2005, 03:45 AM.

Comment

You are white and think some little 180 pound white man could beat 230 pound black men but i am racist?Name one 230 pound black man Marciano beat.Name one 230 pound black man Maricano beat who was a world class fighter.
                    Already you sound like a ****ing racist idiot. Who the hell cares if a fighter is black or white? I'll answer it for you: a racist. Marciano knocked out several 220+ lb fighters on the way up. Yeah they were white but who, besides you, gives a ****?

What, do you think black people have thicker skulls and are more difficult to knock out than white fighters? So you agree with that white supremacist pseudoscience bull****? If you don't, shut the **** up with the "black man" and "white man" bull**** and just say you think Marciano was too small for modern heavyweights. And if you do, shut the **** up because you're a racist.

Comment

A lot of people thought Holyfield couldn't make it at heavyweight because he started at 176lbs. All he did was beat everyone in the division. All he did was kick Tyson's ass, twice even though he was "shot". If Holy could put on some pounds , so could the Rock if need be.

Comment

Working...
                      X