Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMM's counter-punching useless against Floyd, but effective against Pacquiao. LOOK!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    JMM wasn't countering in the first gif, he led with a jab.

Mayweather wasn't leading in their fight not properly, when he moved forward he wasn't throwing punches and when he throw punches going forward they were one at a time like the lead right hand or his leaping left hook then he'd move away anticipating a counter punch.

Pacquiao moves forward and throws a large volume of punches offering lots of countering oppotunities, he focuses on offense, Mayweather focuses on defence.

Actually, JMM countered what he thought was a lead from Mayweather. Mayweather fainted, waiting for JMM to throw the jab, and then shot a straight right hand before the jab was pulled back in time.

Pacquiao moves forward without regards to his defensive liabilities. It was a huge risk against JMM, but it will be devastating to him against a master counter-puncher such as Mayweather.

Mayweather has the reach advantage and reflexes to keep him at a distance and avoid any of his punches at the same time.

This is a stylistic mismatch for Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Em Em View Post
      The only thing that neutralized JMM was putting on 20 pounds more than he's used to and Floyd being so much bigger.
      You said JMM was gonna expose him...

I can understand people saying the fight was stupid with the weight and all that, but its better to say it before hand... you have basically just said that JMM is gonna expose Floyd cause he is a fraud... but then when Floyd beat him it was a mismatch.

If you was saying JMM was gonna beat him... then when Floyd won you should of said good win by Floyd and give him his props.

I can understand people like mangler, Dynamite Kid, Sin City, etc. not giving him his props in a way (sometimes they can kinda be a bit to harsh IMO, but that's just different opinions I respect them all as posters) because they at least said it was a mismatch from the start where JMM wasn't gonna win.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
        You said JMM was gonna expose him...

I can understand people saying the fight was stupid with the weight and all that, but its better to say it before hand... you have basically just said that JMM is gonna expose Floyd cause he is a fraud... but then when Floyd beat him it was a mismatch.

If you was saying JMM was gonna beat him... then when Floyd won you should of said good win by Floyd and give him his props.

I can understand people like mangler, Dynamite Kid, Sin City, etc. not giving him his props in a way (sometimes they can kinda be a bit to harsh IMO, but that's just different opinions I respect them all as posters) because they at least said it was a mismatch from the start where JMM wasn't gonna win.

Incredible! The haters are hating at full strength.

Comment

pacman was sloppy in that gif..and floyd well..that was just some sick ass defense...

Comment

Originally posted by mangler
            Mr boat buyer is a better defensive fighter than Pac. And JMM was slow as **** at WW.

Doesn't Floyd make everyone he fights look slow?

Comment

Originally posted by MIP4P1 View Post

As you can clearly see, Floyd's reach and cat-like reflexes neutralized the counter-punching ability of Marquez.

Pacquiao was not able to reach Marquez with his jab or his left, so he was easily countered and punished.

Mayweather will be able to counter Pacquiao even more effectively since he's a superior counter-puncher, and due to his superior reflexes and reach advantage he will never be within the range of any of Pacquiao's punches.

Marquez out-landed Pacquiao in both fights, but was only able to land 12% of his punches against Mayweather.
              pac's not gonna get past cotto. cotto is too big.

you act like pac is gonna steamroll cotto. i doubt it.

Comment

it's not really fair to compare those two fights. they were different style match ups and JMM was playing different roles. JMM was the counter puncher in the pac fight, but with floyd, he was the agressor and floyd was the counter puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  pac's not gonna get past cotto. cotto is too big.

you act like pac is gonna steamroll cotto. i doubt it.
                  How do I act like Pac is going to steamroll Cotto?

You have a problem with your reading comprehension?

Comment

Comment

beautiful boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X