Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who currently has the best chance of beating Mayweather's 50-0 record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one because he's retired. That's why I voted for other

Comment

deontay wilder will probably go 50-0, thats the only one i can see doing it. will fight some more trash to get up to that mark. people on here will still say 'its not his fault povetkin failed the test doe'.

Comment

That Thai fighter is 48-0, but he's also pretty young and the record is most wins retiring undefeated.

Here's the thing, once you get to a good number of wins undefeated you become a draw. Once you become a draw you get matched against much better opponents and are bound to lose. That's what makes Mayweather's 50-0 insane. He was a name from the start after the Olympics, so he has about 15 easy fights to start, but then stepped in with name quality fighters the rest of his career. He alredy had 8 good names on his card by his 25th fight, most fighters don't start fighting names until their 30th fight and if they do fight them early they lose a few.

To really top Floyd, someone will have to go 51-0 having started facing elite fighters very early in their career, before their 20th fight. And they'll have to have faced 26+ champions on the way to 51-0.

Calzaghe went 46-0, but he has maybe 5 elite fighters on his resume and two of them were in their 40s when he fought them. No one mentions Calzaghe as being anywhere near Floyd in their resumes.

Comment

None of those stand out so it would have to be 'other', i see a lot of people voting for Crawford but he would have to at least 2 fights for the next 9 years realistically to match 50-0, that's without any major injuries or promotional conflict and whatever plus beating current top dogs like Spence, Thurman and whoever else is relevant at 147 in the next 9 years. I rate Crawford but the odds are stacked against him big time. Ok maybe the next year or 2 he could squeeze in 3 fights but eventually the activity will slow down and that would still have to be without any blemishes.

I think it would take someone who started their career young and racked up a ton of easy wins on the rise with activity and youth on their side, even then they have to avoid defeat/ a draw and retire but that's the most likely person to do it imo. Devin Haney for example fits that bill but I don't think he's good enough to go undefeated for that long.
          Last edited by Caught Square; 09-11-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            If Wilder keeps fighting Bums he will surpass that record maybe 100 and 0
            Nailed it. 13 more cans and he'll rocket to 51-0!

Comment

lol @ 1 vote for Golovkin. People waiting until this Saturday to make that vote.

Comment

Well Adeneverlaid Birdie fuked this up for Golovkin.

Comment

What record?

Comment

Working...
                  X