Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Latest PBC on Fox A Smash Hit In The Ring... But Not In the Ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
    I thinks its $1 per viewer if u do the math correct. 1.5 million dollars and 1.5 million viewers, go back to first grade.

Too funny!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Yeah, euthanasia style. Everybody knew Berto/Ortiz were shot fighters. For a $1.5mill purse, think of the real fights we could've had. J-Rock/Vanes/Charlo could've happened for less than that. How about Russell/Rigo?

This fight had 7,760 in attendance, but Lance Pugmire said they were using SRO seat filling service.

The DC show likely had more than double the purse and had a reported 4,135 attendance, though it looked far less. That place only holds around 10k, and it looked like it was shockingly far from half full.

Boxing fans should be frustrated b/c with the money being spent on these events there not building anything that'll support future growth.
      I'm 96.5982% certain that Lance meant the arena was Standing Room Only. I don;t think he was referencing whatever seat filling company may or may not have been used.

Comment

I thinks its $1 per viewer if u do the math correct. 1.5 million dollars and 1.5 million viewers, go back to first grade.
        Ha, now this is golden!

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            $90M a year is a lot of money, but when you've invested $925M into the thing, it'll take you over a decade to recoup that considering they still have to spend millions to make fights.
            They can't wait long term why do you think their investors are suing now Waddell because their money was foolishly spent on PBC. They burned through almost all their money in 1 year faster then expected and these fan boys think they getting a big TV deal when the ratings are lower then expected. They are posting some of the worst ratings you can imagine on network TV ratings that have dropped every card on both NBC and FOX. The point of PBC was to prove that they could produce their own shows and generate good ratings so a network would invest and give them a big deal. The ratings are bad and these networks already did not want to invest in boxing so why would any now that PBC has failed give a big deal to them? Let alone a deal on par with team sports leagues that make big money off revenue streams that boxing will never have access too.

These investors who's money was lost on PBC have access to more financial numbers and a better idea of the massive losses PBC is sustaining then has been released to the public. And clearly it's a big enough red flags to make them nervous that's why they suing. Waddell facing huge losses as a company and laying 10% of their workforce off last week making it very unlikely PBC gets any more money going forward. All this while people said just 6 months ago these loses from non existent ticket sales, high purses ect won't effect PBC they have money aside for loses the next 3 years lol. Yet not even fully one year in they started to cancel tons of fight dates on these networks, most of their fights going back to showtime and the purses for these cards are down big time. Hell they all but suspended operations for 2 months , feb and march, literally had no PBC cards. You don't make drastic changes like this so early in the game if things are going as expected. Things are much worse then fanboys want to admit and the networks know this which is why NBC is no longer giving PBC access to AL Michaels, Bob Costas, Marv Albert, and the rest of their on air talent that was part of the PBC announcement just last year but people think one of these 4 networks will give a big TV deal to PBC? LMAO

Your best hope is a basic cable channel gives PBC a TV deal but something on one of those smaller networks will be much smaller and nowhere near the kind of money PBC needs to recoup their investors money.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-02-2016, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
              I'm 96.5982% certain that Lance meant the arena was Standing Room Only. I don;t think he was referencing whatever seat filling company may or may not have been used.
              That sounds more likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                Because I'm a boxing fan. Last I checked, the name of this site is called "boxingscene", not "let's count PBC's money".

If you're so concerned with PBC's money why don't you start your own site where you can talk about PBC's money all day? I'm pretty sure you won't. Know why? Because fans don't give a schit about $$$ they're not making. They only care about being entertained on a Friday/Saturday night.

Again, if you're so concerned with counting someone else's money and you think there's a market for it, why don't you create your own "count PBC's money" forum and talk about it all day?
                Whether we like it or not, this is important to the continuity of the sport we love. It is necessary for a fan to care about these issues. There's a difference between noting these issues, and talking about them all day

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                  I assumed he ment these guys, since Stub Hub's seating capacity is 8,000 and he only listed an attendance of 7,760.

http://www.standingroomonly.tv/

Comment

Got me, that's why I'm no accountant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                      boxing is pretty much dead. no one watches it right now. curling does better numbers than boxing which is very sad. even professional bowling does bigger numbers than boxing.

i expect boxing to be an extinct sport in a couple of years time.
                      Ignorant comment. If boxing is dying, so are the NHL and NBA.

Here is the viewership for recent SERIES-CLINCHING playoff games:

Capitals/Flyers Game 6 on NBC: 1.2 final rating and 1.7 million viewers
                      Stars/Wild Game 6 on NBC: 1.0 rating and 1.5 million viewers
                      Penguins/Rangers Game 5: 1.0 and 1.6 million viewers (-11%).

Game 6 of Hawks/Celtics on TNT : 1.3 final rating and 1.9 million viewers

So basically a so-called "poor" boxing rating - featuring two guys who are not top stars - does similar ratings to NHL and NBA playoff games. Not bad for a dead sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X