Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko Eyes April 6 Return, But Not Against Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko Eyes April 6 Return, But Not Against Povetkin

According to sources with knowledge of the situation, IBO/IBF/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (59-3, 50KOs) is looking to make a voluntary defense of the title on April 6th. The WBA had ordered Wladimir to make a defense against "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17KOs). The two camps have until January 17th to reach an agreement. Klitschko's side have already submitted their request, but Povetkin's promoter, Sauerland Event, are fighting Klitschko's request. It will be up to the World Boxing Association to sort things out.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The deadline is tomorrow.

I've been wondering who Wlad is considering for April 6? There's not many people really qualified, except perhaps for Kubrat Pulev and for another Sauerland fighter Kubrat Pulev. Denis Boytsov has been in the Ring top ten for years now, so I suppose he'd be an okay choice. Francesco Pianeta is ranked by several sanctioning organizations.

According to reports on allboxing and other Eastern European sites, Wlad wants the fight with Povetkin to be delayed until summer because he wants it in a big outdoor stadium in Kiev or Moscow.

Comment

You could be right with Boytsov and Pianeta.

I'd say Cunningham based on his performance against Adamek and the fact he's never been knocked out and is relatively well known in Germany.

Comment

Interesting to see who they line up. Fury? Povetkin will be in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          The deadline is tomorrow.

I've been wondering who Wlad is considering for April 6? There's not many people really qualified, except perhaps for Kubrat Pulev and for another Sauerland fighter Kubrat Pulev. Denis Boytsov has been in the Ring top ten for years now, so I suppose he'd be an okay choice. Francesco Pianeta is ranked by several sanctioning organizations.

According to reports on allboxing and other Eastern European sites, Wlad wants the fight with Povetkin to be delayed until summer because he wants it in a big outdoor stadium in Kiev or Moscow.
          Pulev would be a good choice; but I don't see it.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Fury was approached...

Comment

Oh Jesus Christ.

Has there ever been a heavyweight champion in history where anyone of name value turned down shots at the title?

Strip the idiot. It's a damn shame he ever got a belt in the first place.

Comment

If wlad wants to delay it then he should vacate the WBA belt. Povetkin's had 20 months before he had to fight wlad or he would lose his regular status. He made cash off 3 fights & now he is entitled to his shot. This deadline has been talked about since last summer so it's not like either side was unaware. Lets get this fight done already. Fury or pulev are the guys I'd like him to fight but both are close to a mandatory shot & could be better off waiting for their shot. Who knows what the WBA will do? Make maskaev the mandatory?
              Last edited by joe strong; 01-16-2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                Pulev would be a good choice; but I don't see it.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Fury was approached...
                Too early for Fury. He would be KO/TKO easily. He needs to sort out who is the best between Price and him first.

Comment

Wlad needs to finally fight Povetkin, and Vitali needs to finally face Haye.

These are the sensible fights the fans want, and also given the ratings of one, and ranking of another, natural big fights to make at last. There's not really any excuses for not doing so.

Comment

NO ! beats the Kltiches w/in the next 5 yrs...Haye needs to fight an eliminator w/Aereola or Charr 2 establish himself, Fury/Chisora don't cut it...he doesn't deserve a shot...

Comment

Working...
                    X