Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The next two off the Brit Heavyweight conveyor belt...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    If AJ is still THE man at 30/31, Dubois will be about 25...what a fight that could be.
    That fight I think will happen sooner than later, like 2020.

Comment

Dubois seems impressive, but for whatever reason I see him as a KO waiting to happen. That is getting KOed.

Comment

Dubois will be fighting Tom Little next on June 23rd. Just saw on Twatter

Excellent learning fight based on what i saw of Little in the Hrgovic fight. Should give him a bit to think about

Comment

Dubois to fight Kevin Johnson next. Johnson old but recently beat Pianeta and took Pulev and Andy Ruiz jnr the distance.

Expect Dubois to win on activity, but would be a decent statement still if he takes KP out.

Good matchmaking. Nice first year as a pro

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Dubois to fight Kevin Johnson next. Johnson old but recently beat Pianeta and took Pulev and Andy Ruiz jnr the distance.

Expect Dubois to win on activity, but would be a decent statement still if he takes KP out.

Good matchmaking. Nice first year as a pro

Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing what Dubois can do.

Comment

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

Comment

A few people weren’t impressed but I thought that was a really composed and controlled performance from Dubois. I didn’t think he would stop him so didn’t go in with that expectation, but I liked how he approached the fight, the punches he was choosing against that shoulder roll D were the right ones.

Johnson after the fight was extremely conplimentary about Dubois jab, said it was like a right hand and he couldn’t get past it the whole night. He did also say he wasn’t a ‘huge’ puncher, just a decent one. Which mirrors what I see in the ring I think. He strong and heavy handed, but doesn’t have enough snap to be truly devastating past a certain level. At least, not at the moment as a 21 yr old

Comment

Hello all long time no see.

Hearing good things about young ENG boxer, 17yr old Moses Itauma. Currently tearing up the EUBC youth championships with consecutive first round stoppages.

Not loads of footage about for obvious reasons, but reliable amateur boxing source on Twitter (Taylor on boxing if anyone follows him) is very impressed.

looks very fluid and light on his feet, if a bit amateur with his hands by his waist… nothing that couldn’t be adjusted for in the pros

https://youtu.be/oOSG1c_1BOU

Comment

Nobody post in here anymore or what?

Itauma won gold with another first round stoppage making it 4 consecutive (T)KO1’s

Great effort. One to watch in future

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      We seem to have produced a lot of talent over the last few years. Some from the Ams, others have come from off the radar.

Assuming Joe Joyce turns over at some point this year, the next in line to replace him on the GB squad is Frazier Clarke.

Big old unit (6'5"). 25yrs old. Been WSB for a while. Like the look of him actually and will be good to see how he does as the main man on the GB team. Pretty raw though and needs a lot of work

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SdD2LD35AiQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also we have the guy who was coming up quick behind Clarke in Daniel Dubois, who has been snapped up recently by Frank Warren. Only 19 years old. Absolutely massive for his age. Unlike a lot of these big guys he has been boxing since he was young.

Only fights on YT are of him as a 17/18 yr old. Again he looks raw, but definitely lots of talent to work with

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VcA-HgLMkm4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Obviously not saying they will definitely succeed in ams or pro, but good to see the talent keep coming.
                      The UK talent has gone thin as of late but Frazier Clark is definitely a prospect, and one with quantity amateur pedigree. He lost often among top world competion, but earned a bronze in the Olympics. An unlucky draw had something to do with it as he faced Jalolov early. Jalolov who is 11-0 is a talented prospect at heavyweight. The 3-0 Clarke is already 31 years old He's. big and strong. A few more fights and he will rate on my top 15 heavyweight prospects. See my top heavyweight prospect list below:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...ight-prospects
                      Last edited by Dr. Z; 09-09-2022, 07:47 AM.
                      Tom Cruise Tom Cruise likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X