Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were President, what would be your strategy against North Korea?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    I'm talking about North Korea... It's not South we're worried about. If we invade North Korea, we're going to have to attempt to colonize them like we do every place we invade after a war.

We don't have the resources to do that. The North Korean people will NEVER work with us because they've been indoctrinated to hate us. They will always fight us to the death

North Korean's don't even like South Korean's so that wouldn't work either. The best bet is to let China rebuild North Korea, but that won't work either
    You said the Korean Peninsula. That's North and South Korea.

You gotta learn the names of the geography terms first, if you want to discuss them.

The US isn't going to 'colonize' North Korea. North Korea is like the size of New Jersey or something, and it's between South Korea, China and Russia. What is on the political talking points agenda is what is called 'reunification of the Korean Peninsula', which means of North and South Korea--you know, being that they are all relatives of one another.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
      You said the Korean Peninsula. That's North and South Korea.

You gotta learn the names of the geography terms first, if you want to discuss them.

The US isn't going to 'colonize' North Korea. North Korea is like the size of New Jersey or something, and it's between South Korea, China and Russia. What is on the political talking points agenda is what is called 'reunification of the Korean Peninsula', which means of North and South Korea--you know, being that they are all relatives of one another.
      Show me where I said anything about Korean peninsula. I know what the Korean Peninsula is; Ill wait

Secondly, China and Russia will NEVER let us invade North Korea without them joining the war to fight against us... Do you seriously think the Chinese will allow us to have military bases on their border?

Once again, what you fail to realize is reunification will never work, because North Korean's hate the US and South Korea

The US has never "just left" a country after a war... Of course our military will expect to be in the mix
      Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-28-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
        Basically because in 1955, the US called a truce after China pushed them back to the 48th parallel.

The Korean Armistice started in 1953, not 1955. You should know about something if you're going to speak on the subject

Comment

Show me where I said anything about Korean peninsula. I know what the Korean Peninsula is; Ill wait

Secondly, China and Russia will NEVER let us invade North Korea without them joining the war to fight against us... Do you seriously think the Chinese will allow us to have military bases on their border?

Once again, what you fail to realize is reunification will never work, because North Korean's hate the US and South Korea

The US has never "just left" a country after a war... Of course our military will expect to be in the mix
          My bad, when I read what you wrote you said "the entire North Korean population".

Somehow I misread that as Korean Peninsula.

All that you did was summarize the quagmire.

A US military solution does not exist.

But you are also really full of nonsensical ideas.

People are by in large just people.

By the way, I have been to the DMZ zone, read a lot about this problem, and a good friend of mine is ethnic Korean from the boarder area of China next to North Korea, and she visited North Korea on a Chinese tour a couple years ago and told me all about it.

You are just brainwashed to think that they aren't real people. If you were to be kidnapped, blindfolded, and then let loose in downtown Pyongyang, with secret cameras watching you for the LOL affect for a North Korean reality TV show audience, you would initially wander around not knowing where the hell you were, but for the most part what you would see is a fairly regular city with people in it, which were pretty much normal people, except Asian.

Of course, foreigners aren't allowed freedom of movement in North Korea, but what people there mostly do is the same things poor people do anywhere else in the world.
          Last edited by Drunken Cat; 01-28-2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

The Korean Armistice started in 1953, not 1955. You should know about something if you're going to speak on the subject
            I did know it, but was too lazy to look it up to actually reconfirm, and came up with the wrong number. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

It depends on who is really in control I think those with the most money and influence decide what's going on for the most part we are willing pawns getting closer to checkmate with each passing day we contribute and rely upon this nonsensical system of consumerism and greed materialism. People are equal we're not better no matter what creed colour wealth or class. It's the elite that cause this seperation & divisive nature amongst communitys they want obedient workers people clever enough to work the machines for a lifetime but not be able to sit around a dinner table and discuss how badly we're getting fuked over and challenge the status quo. They say jump we ask how high...

Comment

Infiltrate his inner circle. Bribe them to turn on him and work out a deal for whoever takes over. Basically establish a puppet regime until they unify with the South and become one nation.

Comment

They do in fact have the capability of attacking the US with nukes so a military solution is not an option here. I think the only way to bring down the regime is with orchestrated world wide crippling/starving sanctions that will cause an internal meltdown followed by a popular revolution and coop. This takes powerful leadership and determination and my guess is that this is the approach (I hope) being taken.

This won't embed...(must watch).

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-ame...clear-secrets/

Comment

Working...
                  X