No announcement yet.

The Departed Tribute Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    Just asking a question here...can you name some specific flaws? Not saying you're wrong at all. Just wondering...
    So many plot holes. The biggest is that Costello,a successful and experienced crime boss,isn’t able to figure who the rat is in his crew very quickly despite knowing Billy,the newest addition of the crew,was enrolled in the police academy a few months prior. It doesn’t even really make sense why he even brought him in to begin with but obviously the movie would not exist. Accents aren’t great either. The pace is a little off sometimes because so much is going on. I still really enjoy it. Scorsese is my all time favorite director.

*SPOILER*
    Also I didn’t like how Leo who was the main character was killed by some dude who had barely even been in the movie at all.

Comment

I felt it was one of Scorsese's much weaker work. Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas were far superior and should have won both for director and best picture.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
        So many plot holes. The biggest is that Costello,a successful and experienced crime boss,isn’t able to figure who the rat is in his crew very quickly despite knowing Billy,the newest addition of the crew,was enrolled in the police academy a few months prior. It doesn’t even really make sense why he even brought him in to begin with but obviously the movie would not exist. Accents aren’t great either. The pace is a little off sometimes because so much is going on. I still really enjoy it. Scorsese is my all time favorite director.

*SPOILER*
        Also I didn’t like how Leo who was the main character was killed by some dude who had barely even been in the movie at all.
        PTI ....

mob bosses are usually done in by that shlt. if the rat isnt a plant, its a life long member.

Comment

*SPOILER*
          Very good observations man. Yeah, I'm not sure why Costello was trying so hard to get Billy in. I mean, like you say, he is a former cop and all. They did say a lot about his dad and uncle. So I guess the family angle is what they were trying to pull off there, but it should have been obvious no doubt. As far as a lot going on, a lot of modern films seem to have this problem. I once read where you can have too little conflict in a script but never too much conflict. So I guess the writers think too much is way better than too little which I agree with but it's also hard keeping up with too much. We're supposed to be entertained. It's not work for God's sake.

The elevator thing was just insane. It's like boom...wow. Boom. Oh okay. Boom. Son of a *****. How many mofos are going down here? Yeah, it had an anti-climactic feel to it for sure. Always best when big roles kill big roles without question.

Great points, man all around.

But as we say, it's still one hell of a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
            I felt it was one of Scorsese's much weaker work. Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas were far superior and should have won both for director and best picture.
            You know I loved the fight scenes in Raging Bull but I thought at least half of it was garbage that I ff through when I rewatch it, which isn't often. I mean, those characters are not likeable.

Now, Goodfellas and taxi Driver I'm down with and I'd say they are better as well, aside from the extremely fake exploding hand at the end of TD.

Comment

I preferred Infernal Affairs, but this version was great.

Wahlberg was the star of the show. The elevator scene was done better in the US version too, but of course wasn't surprising when seeing the original first.

The ending is a little different too in the US version, although there is an alternate ending in the Hong Kong version that i haven't seen.

If anybody hasn't seen Infernal Affairs, i think they should do. It's faster paced, with great acting.

Comment

Really good movie..

Comment

It’s super flawed but I still love it

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                    I preferred Infernal Affairs, but this version was great.

Wahlberg was the star of the show. The elevator scene was done better in the US version too, but of course wasn't surprising when seeing the original first.

The ending is a little different too in the US version, although there is an alternate ending in the Hong Kong version that i haven't seen.

If anybody hasn't seen Infernal Affairs, i think they should do. It's faster paced, with great acting.
                    Sweet man i had no idea that their was an original to this flik.
                    Will be watching I.A this weekend i think.

Comment

One of my 5 favorite films. "My theory on Feds is that they're like mushrooms, feed them **** and keep em in the dark." "Unfortunately this ****hole has more leaks than the ****in Iraqi Navy."

Comment

Working...
                      X