No announcement yet.

Conspiracy Theories

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
    This is very interesting. I'm hoping there's someone bored enough out there to look into this and present some solid evidence. Well, it doesn't have to be someone bored, somebody with a great memory would probably do.
    why do you think bradley got the decision in the first pacquiao fight? i'm still eating off what i made on that fight.

it's not like this is a well kept secret in the industry. the media just doesn't talk about it because arum has them in his back pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      If you think Horn actually won that robbery last night, this thread is not for you.

Please do the rest of us a favor and put your tinfoil hat back on, resume your chanting, or keep trying to communicate with your extraterrestrial relatives on planet Shambala.

This thread is for rational folks and thinkers.

We will start with the premise that what happened last night was engineered and on purpose.

We will start with the premise that as long as Horn ended the fight upright, the outcome was never in doubt.

So the question is, who and why?

My theory is simple.

Arum knows Pac can't beat either of the two guys he REALLY should have been fighting, Thurman or Spence.

And he knows there is not much better odds of him beating other rising stars and champs like Swift, Porter or Bud.

So he pays to have his own fighter robbed, knowing there is a rematch clause.

Knowing that, at least in the short term, it will end all talk of Manny ever having to fight any of those young lions.

But, now he also has everyone's attention where Manny is concerned and Pac becomes as sympathetic and as admired a figure as he has ever been.

Of course, Pac's natural humility plays right into it...or maybe Pac is actually in on it- more on that in a second.

Now we have a built in excuse not to fight any real threat for the the rest of this year, and we have all the ingredients we need to start hyping a PPV that will easily do 1M buys in November.

And we have the possibility of really fanning the hype flames if it becomes a farewell fight in Manny's native Phillipines...and how many of you are willing to bet money that is coming?

Maybe that is why Manny took the loss so well, had zero complaints about what was so clearly a robbery.

Manny complained about the draw with Marquez and that was closer; Manny complained about the loss to Bradley and that was closer; and we have seen Manny very vocal in other fights that clearly required less complaining based on what actually happened in the ring.

So, maybe Pac knew what time it was yesterday too.

As I said earlier, this is a thread for rational folks and thinkers.

So all rebuttals are welcome, feel free to shoot all the holes you like thru my theories and statements.

Thoughts?
      At least you are respectfully acknowledging that all you're coming up with is a theory (or rather a hypothesis) and at least it doesn't obviously contradict any known facts... so yeah. It's not impossible. Myself I'm quite keen on Occam's razor - so the simpler the better, in other words, and I can come up with simpler explanations, but that doesn't mean your ish is wrong.

Comment

pac went for the ko. no one could have predicted horn surviving.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
          You pretty much summed it up. Business is business. No percentage in letting Manny win the first one. Not saying Arum had anything to do with it but fight was in the bag to force a rematch and more cash to flow into Brisbane, the fighters and the promoters. Just sayin.
          Manny talking about fair judges now.

Any rematch is in Manilla, bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
            pac went for the ko. no one could have predicted horn surviving.
            Actually he didn't , he had horn out on his feet and stopped hitting him. It was all a set up manny knew he wasn't supposed to KO him, it's clear as day.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
              Actually he didn't , he had horn out on his feet and stopped hitting him. It was all a set up manny knew he wasn't supposed to KO him, it's clear as day.
              oooooooooooook. but im not buying that bridge for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                Manny complained about the draw with Marquez and that was closer; Manny complained about the loss to Bradley and that was closer; and we have seen Manny very vocal in other fights that clearly required less complaining based on what actually happened in the ring.

So, maybe Pac knew what time it was yesterday too.

Thoughts?
                This part is a strong evidence of the two step money grab, match and rematch. I think MAnny realized it after the decision.
                vs Floyd, Manny really ran his mouth. In the post-fight interview he even said Floyd was moving too much and brought up the shoulder issue.
                It really impressed me, the way he didn't care about the loss, made me feel like we are taking somethings more serious than we should.
                I don't know if Manny knew it, I don't want to accuse Manny for being conciously involved in a fixed fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
                  This part is a strong evidence of the two step money grab, match and rematch. I think MAnny realized it after the decision.
                  vs Floyd, Manny really ran his mouth. In the post-fight interview he even said Floyd was moving too much and brought up the shoulder issue.
                  It really impressed me, the way he didn't care about the loss, made me feel like we are taking somethings more serious than we should.
                  I don't know if Manny knew it, I don't want to accuse Manny for being conciously involved in a fixed fight.
                  I don't know if Manny was in on it, or figured it out on the spot.

We might joke about Manny's intelligence sometimes, but the truth is you don't come up where and how he came up being stupid...you get dead being a fool.

So, I am thinking he heard the bogus decision, started to say WTF, then quickly factored everything in- the free agency, the sympathy definitely coming his way, the rematch clause that he knows he can call all the shots on if he wants to, etc- and said the following to himself...

"I can make some sweet lemonade out of this particular lemon!".

And went with humble and classy as soon as they stuck a mike in his face.

Comment

This is boxing, anything is possible. There are honestly only a handful or less people that run the entire sport and can easily find the right people to change outcomes of fights with the right offer. We have seen it before where judges come up with unbelievable scores. The Canelo draw vs Mayweather, how do you explain that? The Bradley win over PAC, unreal... And we've seen plenty of others in not so lucrative match ups, they just get shrugged off after a day or two and we forget about them.

Boxing is a business full of scumbags who take advantage of the fighters who are usually street guys who are not that bright to be honest. And the guys who are scumbags are Lawyers and money men so they know exactly how to get over on these fighters...

You can't ever rule anything out.. We know Arum and PAC are now set up for a huge payday back in Australia in the winter instead of PAC getting handled easily by Crawford and retiring...

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      This is boxing, anything is possible. There are honestly only a handful or less people that run the entire sport and can easily find the right people to change outcomes of fights with the right offer. We have seen it before where judges come up with unbelievable scores. The Canelo draw vs Mayweather, how do you explain that? The Bradley win over PAC, unreal... And we've seen plenty of others in not so lucrative match ups, they just get shrugged off after a day or two and we forget about them.

Boxing is a business full of scumbags who take advantage of the fighters who are usually street guys who are not that bright to be honest. And the guys who are scumbags are Lawyers and money men so they know exactly how to get over on these fighters...

You can't ever rule anything out.. We know Arum and PAC are now set up for a huge payday back in Australia in the winter instead of PAC getting handled easily by Crawford and retiring...
                      And here is Manny starting to play it HIS WAY.

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-...s-horn--118156

Comment

Working...
                      X