No announcement yet.

Rewatched the fight. Ward was the better man. Disappointed in Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graz View Post
    Agree. Ward was ahead on the cards before the foul and stoppage. We just don't know if Kovalev had enough left in the tank to pull it off. Tony Weeks saw to that.
    It is obvious he didn't have anything left.

He was turning his back and flopping earlier in the fight.

He was too gassed and whipped to even protest the stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      It is obvious he didn't have anything left.

He was turning his back and flopping earlier in the fight.

He was too gassed and whipped to even protest the stoppage
      I re-watched the fight and I agree he was gassed out at that point. It still can't be denied that Ward fouled him. Just wish Weeks would have recognized it and given Kovalev a chance to recover. Ward was ahead just thought it was a lousy stoppage.

Comment

I was impressed with Wards right hand. It's usually non existant.

Comment

If only Ward fans could do the same you did, but for the first fight. Well, many of them did.

Comment

Kovalev was doing well and I had him winning the fight. But in the 8th round, he was completely out of gas. Even though Ward landed low blows and the ref did a lousy job, Kovalev would've had a very hard time finishing because he was so tired. I'm not sure what it is-- if he just has lousy stamina,, fought at too fast a pace or he was weight drained and cannot make 175 comfortably anymore. Either way, Kovalev's lack of stamina was the issue. And no, those aren't "excuses". That's just what happened. Kovalev was doing fine up until he gassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Kovalev was doing well and I had him winning the fight. But in the 8th round, he was completely out of gas. Even though Ward landed low blows and the ref did a lousy job, Kovalev would've had a very hard time finishing because he was so tired. I'm not sure what it is-- if he just has lousy stamina,, fought at too fast a pace or he was weight drained and cannot make 175 comfortably anymore. Either way, Kovalev's lack of stamina was the issue. And no, those aren't "excuses". That's just what happened. Kovalev was doing fine up until he gassed.
              I think that's exactly what happened. Kovalev threw as many punches in 8 rounds as he did the entire first fight. I'm not sure what the gameplan was but it was unsustainable and led to him being dead tired mid fight. I thought he visibly faded like mid 6th round or something.

Comment

The real question is does Groves still destroy him?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Was this said after Froch Groves I?

Comment

LOOK how fast kov was breathing in the middle of the ring before the rd 1 in the face off. he was too angry n u cant fight ward like that. he gassed

Comment

Working...
                      X