Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kell Brook a serious contender/prospect at WW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Kell Brook a serious contender/prospect at WW?

Or a hype-job?

Just wanted to gauge opinion on NSB.

Well, before the Carson Jones fight he was getting mad hype but people talk about him now like he's a bum

I think it's somewhere in between, he's decent but not elite

Comment

I think he'll be a great fighter.

He has great ability, accuracy and skill, that's never been a question. My interest was always to see how his chin was and what he had in terms of heart, he showed up very well in both categories against Jones. The problem in that fight was his stamina (he beat the crap out of Jones until he gassed).

He's went out and got himself and strength and conditioning coach for the first time in his career to work on that and he showed up at the weight in yesterday looking in the best shape of his career; if he's improving his stamina, I believe he'll be a very good world champion.

Comment

Too soon to tell. You can't just look at the Carson Jones fight and say he got exposed or he's a bum. That happens to all up and coming fighters at some point, or usually does.

Comment

He's a prospect who'll fight for a belt and possibly become a world champion at some point and have a good career with some good wins. He's not a bum or a hype-job, Jones would've sorted that out if it were true.

He's definitely got some skills and talent but he's not without his flaws. Stamina is a big one, nearly cost him the Jones fight. He's got many defensive flaws which should've really been sorted out by now. He's too open for that right-hand at times and I can see that really causing him problems against better opposition.

Ends his career after being a highly rated welterweight.

Comment

I think it is best to give him a rating...

lets say for boxers sake, may and pac are 5 out of 5

the rest of the WW division are stuck between 3.5 and 4

Brook I would say is at 3.5, but at the moment is untested, so he could be a 4, I see him on the same level the rest below floyd and Pac

On a good day he can beat the rest but on a normal day he could lose some

Comment

brook vs jones make it happen.

Comment

Eventhough I'm picking Saldivia against him, I think Brook is a pretty good fighter. He just has to prove it.

Comment

That's why they chose Saldivia, so Brook can look good.

All he has to do is watch for that right-hand and he'll look a million dollars.

Comment

I think he's a good fighter and a serious prospect, but unless something unexpected happen in their fights tonight I don't think I'd pick him over Alexander, which is apparently what they're working towards.

Comment

Working...
                    X