No announcement yet.

2nd Night Sparring since college

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Night Sparring since college

Had a excellent night tonight, ive been training 6 days a week, laying of the junk food, (still not eating really really healthy, but im not eating alot of ****) i felt so fit tonight, a was just in a good layed back mood, my trainer was asking me why i was smiling when i was going into the ring, anyways i started of sparring with this lad i always spar with, hes LightWelter and 4 years older than me, he likes to get in close and land bodys, im the opposite, i like to keep my opponent at a good distance, get in throw a few and get out of there, i took almost everyone of his shots on the gloves, and when he came to get in close id hit him with a few and be out of there before he could get me, after that round, my coatch (he aint been down for a few months he's been unwell) came over to me and said Big improvement, big big improvement, Thats the best ive seen you box, i was pleased that he noticed ive been working hard to get rid of my bad habbit (lifting my head when someone throws a punch) , i done some rounds with Colin, and then this other guy, whos light welter aswell, he's a good bit bigger than me and hes 4 years older than me, he's a southpaw, so he's tricky at times, and with him being bigger its usally hard to get him a clean one, the last few sparring sessions ive been sparring with him and trying to use my right alot more, tonight i just kept pretending to throw a left then would come through with a right and get him good on the chin, i was getting him just as good as he got me, and was beating him to the punch most of the time, i done another few rounds with Colin then done a round with this guy who's only been going for a month, he's like 24 and he's welter,i feel he always trys to prove somthing when he's sparring with me, cos he's older and heavier, plus his dad comes and watches him, he was just trying to hit me with huge shot that didnt even come close to me, i just started throwing 3 or 4 lefts at a time at him, i got him on the ropes and i was like **** it, i just decided to unload on him, he's a good 10 - 15 kg's heavier than me so i didnt feel that bad about it, i think it kinda pissed him of cos after that he was just throwing wild shots at me trying to knock my head of and i was just moving and hiting him with a left jab, plus i had a smile on my face, maybe made him want to knock my head of even more, i done another few rounds with some other guys then we finished for the night, my Coatch came across to me as i was taking my gloves of and was like, What an improvement, much much better, before your style was ok but now its great, that will win you fights.
    Made me pleased he's seen an improvement. i dunno if its just cos im getting fitter or its cos im alot more relaxed in the ring now, but i can give 110 percent most rounds in sparring now, instead of just the first 6.

i didnt make this thread to brag or **** like that, i just made it cos ive made a few threads in here about my bad habbit, and i think ive eventually got rid of it.

Good Job man, as long as it motivates you to be better, not just get cocky.

I've got a deadly "drop the gloves" habit myself. Keep it up bro,
    Trick

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
      Good Job man, as long as it motivates you to be better, not just get cocky.

I've got a deadly "drop the gloves" habit myself. Keep it up bro,
      Trick
      nah man i dont get cocky in sparring or even fights, i aint like that, i just smile when im in the ring, i dunno why, i didnt really drop my gloves it was just as soon as i seen a punch coming i would lift my head up in the air, and if the judges see that in a fight then could put a point against you cos it looks like your heads going back from a punch.

Comment

Working...
      X