Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Manny the leading candidate for fighter of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    He ko'd Ortiz

and how can you punish him for being better then everyone?

He doesnt deserve it but you reasoning makes no sense
    Gotta partially agree here. How do you get punished for being the favorite? It’s exactly that which makes it feasible...

You don’t need KOs. Winning is everything.

I hate to be the one to say it, but I guess there’s only a few guys who can do it since they have good comp in range

Unpopular vote but Canelo is towards the top. He’s got potentially GGG’s scalp and a few other good fighters he could realistically add to the mix but most importantly, he’d have been fighting af the top for almost the entirety of those 10 years.

Loma, Spence, Thurman, Crawford have pretty good chances and have the competition in sight but a GGG win or two is massive IF Canelo can pull it off and none can really compare resumes for the 10 year duration.

Loma and Bud for example have hit the scene the last 4 years or so? Spence even less time. Thurman might go the Pirog route at this rate.

Crazy that Canelo (like him or not) is also younger than any of them.

Andre ward and Canelo woulda been the far and away two front runners for me tbh.

Comment

He ko'd Ortiz
      Larry, no man. Floyd is an ATG. He did KO Ortiz, but imagine if Manny KO'd Floyd in the exact same manner– all hell would break loose.

Comment

He would need to pull off something extraordinary in his remaining fights. He'll need a convincing win over one of the top WWs--Crawford, Thurman, Spence. Or he'll need to get some wins over the likes of Mikey Garcia, Loma, or maybe even Danny Garcia or Khan.

Otherwise, Loma, Crawford, or winner of GGG/Canelo rematch look like front runners.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
          Lucas and Margarito Hall of Famers? That's a good one lol
          Lol, Margacheato will definitely be enshrined in the Hall of Shame

And Lucas Quitthysse will be enshrined in to the Hall of Quitters. Right next to his buddy Acelino Freitas and Quitter Ortiz.

Comment

He ko'd Ortiz

Did you really type that? Cmon now.

Comment

He ko'd Ortiz

larry boy, i asked myself that same question. look at the hate pac is getting for beating a supposedly over the hill bum fighter in lucas. i mean yall was the one who gave lucas that title! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                He would need to pull off something extraordinary in his remaining fights. He'll need a convincing win over one of the top WWs--Crawford, Thurman, Spence. Or he'll need to get some wins over the likes of Mikey Garcia, Loma, or maybe even Danny Garcia or Khan.

Otherwise, Loma, Crawford, or winner of GGG/Canelo rematch look like front runners.
                I wouldn’t give much credit for Pac beating a couple 35 pounders. Unless he moved down but he’s too old and big for that.

If he beat two of the top 3 at WW itd be somethin to behold though

Comment

Originally posted by i love boxing View Post
                  Wins over

Bradley-2 times
                  Marquez
                  Matthysee
                  Vargas
                  Rios
                  Mosley
                  Margarito
                  Clottey
                  Algeri

2 time WBO champ
                  1 time WBA champ

defeated 5 future hall of fame fighters (Mosley,Mattyhsee,Marquez,Bradley,Margarito)
                  No, not this decade. Stop pushing guys like Lucas and Margarito as future hall of fame fighters. Mosley, Matthysse and Margarito were all shot to hell when he fought them. Rios, Algeri, Vargas and Clottey were never that good and beating them isn't worth bragging about for a fighter of the decade candidate. That leaves only his wins over Marquez and Bradley as special wins and that isn't enough. Also he has many losses this decade. He lost to Mayweather, Bradley and Horn and got KOed by Marquez. He was robbed in the losses to Horn and Bradley but still he lost. Undefeated Crawford and GGG and Canelo and Loma who have only one loss have a better chance of winning fighter of the decade. Spence and Mikey might get enough done in the the next 18 months to be candidates as well. Pacquiao already won this award in his prime and he deserved it. Nobody wins it twice to my knowledge. The competition is too strong for old men.

Comment

When Floyd fanbois mention this KO as something, we know we have some real fanbois here

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      larry boy, i asked myself that same question. look at the hate pac is getting for beating a supposedly over the hill bum fighter in lucas. i mean yall was the one who gave lucas that title! lol.
                      why do you keep including me?? I said he would beat him BEFORE THE FIGHT..I have always said lucas was overrated...Why are you acting like he beat some elite fighter?? HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BEAT LUCAS

Comment

Working...
                      X