No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robeisy Ramirez, Two-Time Gold Medalist, Defects Cuba Team

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    Arlen is only in his mid-20s so I assume it's mainly a motivational thing. If he turned pro it might breathe new life into him and get him developing again, and at his best his style is perfect for the pros

If I had to guess who would be the next most likely to defect I think it'd be Lazaro Alvarez, but it'll probably be difficult now
    I don't think that Alvarez would defect but hey, I didn't thought Ramirez would defect so...

Comment

What Cuba doesnt realize is that if they change the rules and allow pro boxers to compete inside and outside of Cuba, this will generate more money for Cuba. I cannot believe they havent changed their laws and still hang on to ridiculously outdated rules and regulations. Now if a man wants to make a great living as a pro boxer with so much potential, he has to leave his own country to make that living. This is a bittersweet situation to be in. But now I'm ready to watch Ramirez fly to the top. He will become champion.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        What Cuba doesnt realize is that if they change the rules and allow pro boxers to compete inside and outside of Cuba, this will generate more money for Cuba. I cannot believe they havent changed their laws and still hang on to ridiculously outdated rules and regulations. Now if a man wants to make a great living as a pro boxer with so much potential, he has to leave his own country to make that living. This is a bittersweet situation to be in. But now I'm ready to watch Ramirez fly to the top. He will become champion.
        Yea it sucks for those guys because Cuba produces some incredibly talented boxers but by the time they make it hear there up there in age.

Not the case for Ramirez who at only 24 and with two Olympic gold medals is prime right now, Ramirez was imo the best of the current crop of Cubans he’ll be a champ in no time imo.

Comment

Originally posted by YNG View Post
          I don't think that Alvarez would defect but hey, I didn't thought Ramirez would defect so...
          Haha Same here. I’m still in shock Robeisy defected. You just never know....

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            The Cuban system of government is just plain strange. It was anchored by a dictator whose greatest strength was holding on to power for six decades. What do his minions have to offer? All they’re good at is looking out for their self-interests. They can’t think out of the box.

Anyway...back to boxing: Ramirez will become champion of his natural weight division. He’s young enough, talented enough, skilled enough and aggressive enough to do very well in the pros. I can’t wait to see him get started.

Comment

If he signs with Haymon, he'll have 35 fights before he faces someone in the top 10.

Comment

One of the bigger companies needs to sign this guy up ASAP. Looks great going forward or outboxing, he'll be one of the top 5 prospects in the world already the day he turns pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  One of the bigger companies needs to sign this guy up ASAP. Looks great going forward or outboxing, he'll be one of the top 5 prospects in the world already the day he turns pro.
                  Yup I agree Robeisy is pretty much the complete package.

I don’t like Arum but him and GBP will be his best bet to get going quick.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    The Cuban system of government is just plain strange. It was anchored by a dictator whose greatest strength was holding on to power for six decades. What do his minions have to offer? All they’re good at is looking out for their self-interests. They can’t think out of the box.

Anyway...back to boxing: Ramirez will become champion of his natural weight division. He’s young enough, talented enough, skilled enough and aggressive enough to do very well in the pros. I can’t wait to see him get started.
                    Hi Cuban, Did you know that Castros's son wanted to change all that when his baseball players started to leave the national team? It was about 10 or 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                      Yup I agree Robeisy is pretty much the complete package.

I don’t like Arum but him and GBP will be his best bet to get going quick.
                      Agreed. People knock the top promoters all the time. But at the end of the day, they’re the top promoters for a reason. It sucks that 99.99% of pros have to rely on these guys, but they’re better than the available alternatives.

Comment

Working...
                      X