Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Smith Jr says HE HITS HARDER THAN KOV AND STEVENSON; explains how he proved it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    Yeah, the difference is that Fonfara is not the only good scalp in Stevenson's resume

That's my thoughts when I see you saying that Smith Jr. beats Kovalev and Stevenson based on the fact Stevenson struggled with Fonfara and Kovalev went full distance with Hopkins (even though unlike Smith Jr. he outboxed him in every round, that kind of fight gives a boxer way more experience). It doesn't work like that. And Hopkins has a bonafide chin so getting him out of the ring was the only way to get a KO
    Last edited by g27region; 12-19-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Man Hopkins was moving in the ring like he was using a walker, taking short steps and looking like a 80 year old. It was hilarious to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        Let'em have at it!

Kid had one of the best year's in boxing!

Was a big underdog against a top 5 lightheavyweight and absolutely mashed him then took on a legend and was once again a big underdog and completely knocked him out of the ring and did what no one else could do!

Stevenson vs Smith Jr. is a fight i would love to see and would be rooting for Joe to KTFO of Superman!

Kid's power is legit, crazy reach, decent jab, and has a better motor than i thought!

If he quits his construction job and focuses on boxing full time he could develop to be even better!

Hope things go well for him
        Maybe not my foty, but he had a great year

Comment

I don't know about him hitting harder, or being a better puncher, than Kov and Stevenson, but one thing is for sure... He hits hard enough. He also fought a very effective fight against Hopkins, he did what he had to do and I really like that.

Wouldn't mind seeing him get a title shot, however, seeing against Bertebiev would be even better this stage in my opinion.

Comment

Easily the biggest puncher at 175.

Comment

I like Smith, guy is an intelligent boxer too, not sure about his skill level but I'd like him to suceed. A Barrera fight next would be great.

Edit: Sometimes I forget Stevenson exists, that'd be a great fight too.
              Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-19-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Joe Smith Jr is like an autistic savant.

i like him.

Comment

Easy to break a rock once its already been cracked.
                  That was absolutely in noway, shape or form the same B-Hop that fought Kovalev.
                  His legs are completely gone, his reflexes are gone, his timing was out.

B-Hop for the first time looked his age and maybe then some.

Comment

you have to take him seriously because he's obviously not as skilled. Kovalev has amateur pedigree and trained under some of the best in the sport. Stevenson trained under the goat Emmanuel Stewart.

This guy does not have any elite coaching nor amateur pedigree. bricklayer by trade, he is just getting by on natural physical attributes. punching power is one of them for sure.

Comment

Second coming of Marciano, lets go Smith Jr

Comment

Working...
                      X