No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Not Impressed With Loma Win: Rigo Too Small

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    both people can be right. marquez was a mismatch. in hindsight, so was rigondeaux. he was old, small, and he cared so little about winning that he quit with a broken hand without ever even throwing it.
    He was smaller but people were hyping it up, especially on here. Once they found out their dude lost and in a bad way, the excuses came. That's how the so called hardcore fans are. Most of them are whinny little girls.

Comment

marquez and pacquiao fought at 147 for the money. neither were true, natural welterweights.
      Same is true for Floyd. Terrible argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
        Same is true for Floyd. Terrible argument.

that's absoltuely not the case!

floyd missed weight against marquez and it cost him over half a million dollars. this is when he was coming out of retirement and had a well documented lien from the IRS on his earnings. floyd was a WW because that's what he weighed!

he looked huge against marquez. marquez literally went to 133.5 in his next fight

hopefully you're just an alt and a troll. surely you don't expect me to take seriously a guy whose name is dedicated to telling everybody he thinks floyd mayweather jr is the greatest boxer ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          He was smaller but people were hyping it up, especially on here. Once they found out their dude lost and in a bad way, the excuses came. That's how the so called hardcore fans are. Most of them are whinny little girls.

no serious consumer of the sport thought marquez had any chance at all vs mayweather. he was coming off of a fight fo the year war with juan f#cking diaz FFS. that guy has a shot against floyd mayweather? did you guys even watch boxing?

Comment

• loma himself said the same thing why are yall angry?

Comment

• There's really no argument here as even Lomachenko said the same thing as Floyd and downplayed his win due to the massive size difference. I actually respect Lomachenko a lot for keeping it real. Rigo could and should basically drop down to 118 if he wanted to.

Comment

marquez and pacquiao fought at 147 for the money. neither were true, natural welterweights. marquez looked old and fat at WW until he hooked up with a known steroid guru.

marquez actually went back down to 133.5 right after he fought floyd. he was too small.

and he missed weight.

the only excuse for that fight happening was that it was a tune up after a layoff. which is fine, i'd tune up on PPV too if somebody paid me for it. but floyd mayweather fangirls get up in arms about it being a great win, when in reality one guy had no business being in the ring with a real welterweight, and was a 130 lber a year and a half prior, and a 126 lber just over a year before that.
                JMM was an 130lber that weighed mid 140s in the ring, he obviosuly added weight from his 130 days. Rigondeaux was a 122lber that weighed 130 with his clothes on the day of the fight.

There was a bigger size difference in Loma-Rigo than Mayweather-Marquez.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                  loma himself said the same thing why are yall angry?
                  Because when a fighter that isn't white doesn't praise Loma like a god he must have a black power agenda

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                    Floyd: "Size doesn't matter, it's about skills."

Floyd after Loma makes Quitondeaux quit: "Rigo was too small."
                    Thats what he said below, the skills were even and the size played the factor. Reading comprehension is a key factor to surviving Earth.

Originally posted by Floyd Mayweather
                    A small good fighter will never beat a big good fighter

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
                    Floyd you hypocrite you forget Marquez you dwarfed him and had reach weight height and still you came over the wiieght payed fine $ getting bored hate on others who deserve it
                    Floyd: 5’8”
                    Juan: 5’7”

Absolutely dwarfed! After being retired for 2 years he came over 2 whole pounds. Considering 99.9% of his career he’s come in under weight, not sure why this is such a big deal?

Also this should be noted:

“Want me to be honest?” Mayweather said after his dominant 12-round decision win.

“Yesterday, when I woke up in the morning, I weighed at my house. I think I weighed 145 1/2 so I said, ‘You know what, at least let me get down to at least 145.’

“So I jogged for 20 minutes on the treadmill at my house and I weighed 145-point-zero. So I thought when I got here, I was going to get on the scales and it was going to say 145. But I ain’t crying or complaining. If the extra money is something they wanted, then it is what it is.”

Furthermore, Mayweather didn't make JMM come up two entire classes. He shaved 3lbs off which is almost half a weight class. Technically JMM had to come up 1.5 weight classes. Lomo didn't shave off shít.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      JMM was an 130lber that weighed mid 140s in the ring, he obviosuly added weight from his 130 days. Rigondeaux was a 122lber that weighed 130 with his clothes on the day of the fight.

There was a bigger size difference in Loma-Rigo than Mayweather-Marquez.

dude he went back down to 133.5 in his next fight! he added fat and water.

both were undersized. for the record, i don't think rigondeaux was some great win. we alwyas knew he was undersized. look at my posts. we didn't know he was done trying to win, but we found out that he was. don't overrate one and slam the other.

marquez was not a great win for floyd mayweather. it was a mismatch.

Comment

Working...
                      X